Sunday, July 13, 2014

Alien Encounters at Loch Ness




Director - Philip Gardiner (Exorcist Chronicles)
Starring - Paul Hughes (Ghost and Demon Children of the Damned), Michael Pennyworth, and Elizabeth Kraft
Release Date - 2014
Genre - Sci-Fi
Tagline - 'A mind blowing revelation for all mankind'
Format - DVD (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):
     Cryptozoology is something that I have a slight passion about.  When I was in high school I met a few guys that would help make those awkward teenage years very memorable. Several of my friends at this time were very interested in the pseudoscience and I eventually caught on and caught an interest in it as well.  After high school I waited a few years before going to college but once I was there I fully submerged myself into various cryptids.  One of the more popular of the cryptids, Nessie of Loch Ness, was the subject to a few books and articles that I read during this short period of my life.  Recently, Reality Films sent me a screener for the documentary Alien Encounters at Loch Ness.  This obviously intrigued me and I watched it as soon as I could.
     This documentary follows the real-life encounters of Nessie in Loch Ness.  These individuals recount their experiences and provide poor quality photos of their experience. After several believers talk about their experiences at Loch Ness the documentary then switches it up and goes down a more unconventional path and "scientists" speculate that UFOs are protecting Nessie and that is why she has went so long without being detected. 
     People often look at me with confusion when I tell them I don't really believe in the paranormal and extraterrestrial but I have an interest in cryptids.  I don't really believe in cryptids I just find the lore to be very fascinating. However, this documentary took all the fascination out of a topic I truly adore.  The information provided in this one starts out on the right foot but fails at the end.  We begin our film with documented encounters starting all the way back to the 7th century.  To me, this is truly fascinating and the pieces were put in perfectly.  However, that smooth storyline is destroyed with the speculation of aliens helping the sea-creature.  The documentary is also beautifully put together with some amazing artwork stung out between each scene.  If the film would have followed the flow from beginning to end and used this amazing artwork throughout it would have been a hit.  Overall, Alien Encounters at Loch Ness is a far fetched documentary about a far fetched idea.  A great premise was washed away for a crazy idea.  I don't recommend this one.









No comments:

Post a Comment