Thursday, April 23, 2015

Torched (2004)



directed by:  Ryan Nicholson
starring:  Michelle Boback, Tamara Pender, Daniel Lomas, Ryan Haneman, Peter Speers, Rob Scattergood
format:  NTSC:  Personal Collection  Flesh Cut XXX Edition

(out of 5)


The Movie:  Wow Torched was just an awesome little rape/revenge film which happens to be a favorite sub-genre of mine.  Why?  Because I'm a sick bastard who likes watching women get raped?  Nope.  However watching a sick pig like that get tortured yeah that's my cup of tea which began when I first watched I Spit On Your Grave...the original version way back before I was a teenager.  Anywho the movie is about a nurse named Deanna who gets raped in an elevator and soon after develops a paranoid suspicion of every man around her.  Her boss, her neighbor, etc.  One by one she enacts a great revenge on these men in the most despicable manners she can think up including pouring urine over open wounds, stabbing a hard on she created with a syringe (yeah that one will make you grab your groin), and well let's just say a torch is brought out.  The bodies pile up and I have to say the movie was a tad different than other rape/revenges for the simple fact that she was going from man to man and just torturing them to death without knowing if in fact they really were the masked rapist in the elevator.

The Gore:  Loved the fx in this including a skin melting scene with the torch.  No skin doesn't melt but since Lucio Fulci's Beyond and even Raiders of the Lost Ark I have always enjoyed this fun way to throw up some gross out gore.  Not everything needs to be medically accurate especially when the affect of the effect works.  The needle stabbing scenes were very intense and I have no needle fears.  Gory good time.

The Acting:  Very good.  Great in fact I thoroughly believed every character especially Michelle Boback her performance was spectacular.


The Script:  Taking a slight twist on the rape/revenge category makes this movie special with me and there wasn't one time where I though wow this dialogue sucks.  I'm definitely easy to please with this stuff though depending on the film.  Either way the movie was very believable as far as what was going on and not all that predictable really so as far the script goes let's throw a thumbs up.

The Rating:  Yep gotta go with 4 out of 5 bloody handprints and well deserved here by Ryan Nicholson.  I really have to check out Gutterballs now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment