Saturday, April 23, 2016

Conspiracy Encounters


Director - Daniel Pace (Twisted Fate)
Starring - Tom Basham (Pink Angels), Slade Hall, and Michael Tassoni
Release Date - 2016
Genre - Sci-Fi
Tagline - "2,000 years ago they called them angels.  Today we call them aliens"
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     Something I often battle with my friends and other like minded people over is the paranormal and aliens.  I have a huge interest in cryptozoology.  I said I have an interest in it but I do not believe in it.  I also enjoy reading paranormal folk tales for my area.  So much rich history can be pulled from these tales.  With all that aside, I do not believe in aliens and the paranormal.  Once people find out I have a soft spot for cryptozoology and Appalachian ghost stories they immediately assume that I believe in aliens.  As much as I love The X-Files I just can't bring myself to believe in little green men and the like.  A few weeks back Midnight Releasing sent over the film Conspiracy Encounters for me to review.  I knew nothing of the film but it looked like one of those alien conspiracy flicks.  Thanks guys for sending this one my way.
     The film follows a priest and a vet who are on a quest looking for a man who changed their lives drastically.  During combat the man saved the vets life and decades later helped the priest on his quest for answers.  Now the two are trying to discover his secret and learn if aliens and angels really do exist.




     I have seen films like this one before and almost everyone of them really disappointed.  These kind of films always attempt to deliver these detailed stories on a subject that not a lot of people actually care about.  This subject has it's following but these stories try to capture the imagination of the non-believers and pull them in.  They never work.  The acting in this one is pretty sharp by the whole cast.  I can't praise the film in any other regard but the cast was brilliant.  They really brought their characters to life.  The story for this one is one of the slowest moving tales I have ever had the displeasure of sitting through.  The film has a solid plot revolving around the two men searching for the man that forever changed their lives but the remainder of the film is pointless scenes that make no fucking sense.  I don't know how many times I lost track of what was going on.  Obvious that these scenes were added just to add time to the film.  Finally, those of you looking for blood and gore will be disappointed with this one.  There is no cool deaths or amazing practical effects to look at.  With that being said, this is one of the best looking film's that I have ever seen.  I don't think I have seen a film look this beautiful in long time.  Overall, Conspiracy Encounters is a huge waste of time.  The story has some potential as a drama but was not executed properly and fails as a sci-fi film.  I can not recommend this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment