Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Slaughtered Vomit Dolls


Director - Lucifer Valentine (Black Metal Veins, ReGOREgitated Sacrifice)
Starring - Ameara Lavey (Slow Torture Puke Chamber, ReGOREgitated Sacrifice), Kaiya Lynn (The Tainting), and Pig Lizzy
Release Date - 2006
Genre - Horror
Tagline - "Witness horror film history and the birth of a new film genre: vomit gore"
Format - DVD (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):

     I hear about a lot of movies from people in horror groups, chat rooms, and out and about.  When people find something new that excites them they tend to share it with the world.  Back in the day I was a member of the Upcoming Horror Movie forum (Suffering Bastard) where I was active for around a decade.  Throughout that time I heard about a lot of different movies that was supposedly extreme and graphic.  August Underground, Serbian Film, and Vomit Gore was among those frequently mentioned.  August Underground was a film that I figured I would get around to checking out eventually but the other two I had no interest in it.  I can handle extreme but it has to fit the story.  Extreme for the sake of being extreme is slightly stupid.  With that being said, I am also a collector and when I see a good deal I jump on it.  Sometime ago I was at the local used record store and spotted the Unearthed Films release of the Vomit Gore trilogy.  I have seen those go for well over $50 in different horror groups and there it was sitting for $20.  It looked like it was in great shape so I grabbed it just to toss in my collection.  Little did I know that one day that Black Lava Entertainment would send the newest Vomit Gore flick to me for review forcing me to finally check out a series I said I would never watch.  I am grateful they sent the film my way but this is just one I had no interest in.
    The film follows a young prostitute that is obviously unstable and bulimic.  She continuously vows herself to Satan before killing people and vomiting all over everything before masturbating with various objects including a crucifix.








     Most of my close horror friends told me to stay away from the Vomit Gore series.  They claimed that it was nothing more than a woman talking incoherently for most of the film when she wasn't killing or throwing up all over herself.  Others, mostly people I don't know, claimed it was an instant classic in horror cinema.  My friends were right.  This film offered up nothing that I found entertaining or memorable.  The acting in this one is non-existent.  The film, more or less, just stars one person who rambles on and on about throwing up and how much she wants Satan to fuck her.  She is not convincing at all but you have to give her credit for her dedication.  How many women, or men for that fact, would gag themselves over and over again?  Not many, that's for sure.  The story for this one is just not there.  We get odd scenes of murder and Satan worship but they still lack story.  The rest of the film is Lavey puking on things and finger fucking herself.  It honestly feels like a fetish video you would find overseas.  In fact, that brings me to the claim that it started it's own sub-genre of horror which is now dubbed vomit gore.  Didn't Fred Vogel do this same thing in the early 2000s with his August Underground trilogy?  If he did then how did this film create it's own genre?  Finally, the film has some pretty rad kills but they are wasted on a film that does not put them to good use.  If the effects were in a traditional film they would be memorable.  Overall, Slaughtered Vomit Dolls is a poor excuse for a film.  If anything, it is a device for a sick mind to trick women into acting in his/her fetish flicks to be added to the spank bank.  Skip it.




No comments:

Post a Comment