Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Cinderella


Director - Michael Pataki (Mansion of the Doomed, The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries)
Starring - Cheryl Smith (Up in Smoke, The Incredible Melting Man), Yana Nirvana (Brewster's Millions, Another 48 Hours), and Marilyn Corwin (Mortuary, Doctor Detroit)
Release Date - 1976
Genre - Comedy/Musical
Tagline - "What the prince slipped Cinderella was not a slipper"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):


     When I was originally brought on to review for Horror Society I was fully prepared to review movies that I had in my collection or movies that I picked up from store shelves. I never expected indie filmmakers, distribution companies, and PR firms would reach out to me to review their films. Every day I write for Horror Society is a day I never take for granted. This has been an opportunity of a life time and one that has opened the door to so many amazing films that I would have never seen on my own. Recently, Full Moon announced the release of the 1977 erotic musical Cinderella on blu. I was very familiar with Charles Band’s Fairy Tales and knew he has produced a few erotic films centered other fairy tales but had no idea there was one about Cinderella. As soon as I saw it was getting a blu release I quickly hit up Full Moon and MVD who was kind enough to send a copy my way for review. Like always, I want to thank them for supporting myself and Horror Society. 
      The film follows a beautiful peasant who finds herself blessed by her “fairy” godmother with great sex appeal and prowess. She attends the prince’s sex party and when she puts it on him she becomes his newest obsession. He begins a quest to fuck every woman in the village until he can find her and fuck her again. 
      I had no idea what to expect from Cinderella but I was not prepared to laugh like I did with this movie. Is this what getting old is like? Just sitting around watching erotic musicals and laughing like an idiot. I was laughing until I couldn’t breathe. It has been a long fucking time since I’ve seen a movie that had me light headed with laughter. The acting in this one is not the best I’ve seen but it was easily one of the most enjoyable. The cast is really having a blast in their roles which does reflect on camera. We get a lot of energy and positivity in the film. However, the dialogue delivery at time is extremely flat and at times it’s unintentionally funny. I had a few laughs at the expense of the cast and their stiffness delivering their lines. It doesn’t ruin the film but does bring a certain sense of humor to it that they were not expecting. The story for this one is the basic premise around the popular fairy tale Cinderella with sex smeared all over it. Honestly, it’s impressive how they were able to turn the iconic story into something so filthy and funny. I love the sense of humor the film has but the musical numbers did wear me thin at times. Finally, the film has a lot of skin and solid wardrobes but those of you looking for blood or gore will be very disappointed. Overall, Cinderella is a fucking must see especially for exploitation and sleaze fans. This release from Full Moon is a must have.

No comments:

Post a Comment