Thursday, November 2, 2023

Fck'n Nuts



Director - Sam Fox (Bad Acid, Unagi)
Starring - Maddie Nichols (Creepshow, The Purge), Vincent Stalba (The Blood of the Dinosaurs, Crooked Alley), and William E. Harris (Bill and Ted Face the Music, The Wilderness Road)
Release Date - 2023
Genre - Horror
Format - Streaming (Online Screener)

Rating (out of 5):


I’ve watched and reviewed hundreds upon hundreds of horror titles during my ten years of writing for Horror Society. I’ve seen some strange horror films during that time ranging from living placenta, killer condoms, monsters made of poop, cum kaiju, and even a haunted vibrator. Nothing could have prepared me for the horror short Fck’n Nuts. I was contacted a few weeks back to review this weird short and couldn’t pass up the title. I agreed and tossed it into my October horror binge. After my Scream Team Releasing marathon and Suitable Flesh review I decided it was time to finally check it out. I want to thank filmmaker Sam Fox for reaching out and sharing this fine piece of indie cinema with me! 
      The film follows a young girl who has a surprise knock at the door. She is shocked to see that the one visiting her home this late in the day is her boyfriend. He then proclaims his love for her and demands to meet her parents. She is reluctant but after several minutes of him begging she finally succumbs to his demands. She walks him inside and he immediately starts to feel something is off. The closer he gets to them the worse he feels. It’s then that he realizes that they are fuckin nuts… and he’s allergic. 
      Fck’n Nuts was nothing like I was expecting but it quickly became my favorite short of the year. I can see this one making it’s way to top of several top ten lists when the year comes to a close. I loved the characters, the location, the costumes and set, and the twist at the end. It all works to create a short that you will be thinking about for days after you’ve seen it. I fucking loved it and I can’t wait until other genre fans have seen it so we can talk about it. The acting in this one is great. It is a very small cast but they work so well together. The film’s “human” characters are very grounded and believable while the parents were so much fun. The story for this one is short, sweet, and straight to the point. While the story is building you find yourself wanting to know why she is afraid to introduce him to her parents. Are they vampires? Are they deranged serial killers that wear masks made out of flesh? Are they Trump supporters? Then the big reveal hits and you can’t help but laugh at what could be one of the biggest puns in horror cinema. Finally, the film is not a bloody one but it does have fluids with some great effects that I was not expecting along with some great “creature” costumes. The make-up and practical effects look great and I loved the campy look of the parents. Overall, Fck’n Nuts is a must see for genre fans. This is the nightmare that you get when you pop an edible and fall asleep watching Pee-Wee’s Playhouse. I fucking love it and can’t recommend it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment