Starring - Milo Cawthorne (Blood Punch, Wolf Man), Kimberley Crossman (Stream, The Almighty Johnsons), and James Joshua Blake (Dangerous Game, Jackals)
Release Date - 2026
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Tagline - "Evil cums again"
Format - Streaming (Online Screener)
Rating (out of 5):
I tend to go against the grain, so to speak, when it comes to horror movies. I often like the no budget backyard flicks with a ton of imagination and lack of resources over the bug budget films that lack imagination. However, there is a few movies that pop up from time to time that offer up a bigger budget than I'm used to and delivers. Over a decade ago the Milo Cawthorne lead film Deathgasm was released on the world and immediately became a hit. I've watched this one many times since it's release and always find myself glued to the screen like it was a first time watch. A few weeks ago I received news that a sequel was getting released very soon so I reached out to Raven Banner to see if I could review it. They were kind enough to send me a link for Deathgasm 2: Goremageddon. I want to thank them for being so kind as to let me review the film before it's release.
The film picks up many years after the events of the first film. Brodie (Cawthorne) is struggling with his music career after two members of his band died the night he saved the world. Unemployed and an alcoholic, he finds himself living with Giles after Medina (Crossman) left him to further her music career. He decides to use the pages from the first film to resurrect his bandmates in hopes of winning a battle of the bands competition. His spell works but they are unpredictable and their appetite for flesh is uncontrollable forcing Brodie to once again reverse the spell while trying to get Medina back.
Sequels rarely live up to the original but Deathgasm 2 is a fantastic follow up to a film that that I've loved for sometime. Is this review a bit biased? Absolutely, but I'm still going to be as honest and fair as possible. The acting in this one is great. Most of the cast returned for this sequel a decade later and bring the same energy that made the first film so damn fun. Cawthorne carries the film as the metal head turned reluctant hero while Crossman was not in the film as much as the original. I assume it was due to her rates, scheduling, or something of that nature. The entire film features some seriously fun acting with no weak links to be seen. The story for this one is a rehashing of the first film but it still finds a way to mix it up a little. We have music to summon his dead bandmates only for one of them to steal the pages and then they try to raise an army of the dead to take over the world. It's equal parts Evil Dead and Stan vs. Evil which I'm here for. While it does rehash a lot of the original story from the first film, it adds some new things that make it just as fun as the first. Finally, the film has just as much blood and gore as the first films. We have some seriously fantastic practical effects and a lot of severed penises, peeni, penis's, whatever the plural of peckers are. The deaths are a lot of fun and these effects look absolutely amazing. Overall, Deathgasm 2: Goremageddon is a worthy sequel to a film that I absolutely adore. Metal, blood, and the undead is all I ever wanted and this movie, along with the original, delivers. Check it out.



No comments:
Post a Comment