Monday, March 27, 2017

Flesh and Blood a Go! Go!


Director - Adrian Baez (Who Watched Them Die?, Queen Wasp)
Starring - Shane Ryan (Blades of Glory, Drillbit Taylor), Karri Davis (Straight Outta Compton, Killer University), and Nicoletta Hanssen (My Perversion, The Dark Tapes)
Release Date - 2017
Genre - Horror
Tagline - "In death you're still beautiful"
Format - Streaming (online screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     I recently made my way through the Poltergeist series, remake included, and was looking forward to my next victim.  What film would I put through the ringer and review?  I had a few on deck but they were online screeners only and streaming is almost impossible in my home.  As most of you know by this point, my internet provider blows.  Their speeds are unreliable and inconsistent.  Honestly, I call once a week to complain.  I know it does no good but I feel the need to let them know their service sucks and what is the worst part about the entire situation is that they are the only provider in the area.  I decided not to let that bother and decided to suffer through the horrible buffering times to check out the latest film from Adrian Baez.  The film, Flesh and Blood a Go! Go!, was recently wrapped and Baez asked me to check it out.  Thanks allowing Horror Society and myself the opportunity to see your new film!
     The film follows a beautiful young woman who is approached by an overly confident man one day and is offered the opportunity to model for him.  He assures her that the proposition is truly professional and she will be with other people while the session takes place to make it less awkward.  She reluctantly accepts but this is no normal photo shoot and her "life" is about to change drastically.

    

     The films of Adrian Baez are somewhat new to me.  I had seen the short Who Watched Them Die? some time ago and enjoyed it.  It wasn't nothing new or spectacular but it was very enjoyable so I was curious to see how a film titled Flesh and Blood a Go! Go! would play out.  The acting in this one is good.  I have seen so many films within the same budget and the cast was nowhere near the quality of this one.  The cast was very dedicated to their roles and showed a lot of talent in front of the camera.  No one stands out or overshadows the other which is something I truly enjoy.  I dislike watching films where the acting is not consistent.  The story for this one is short, sweet, and to the point.  It is edited in a way that makes it a little more appealing but that does make the flow of the film feel awkward at times.  I actually enjoyed the story and the way it was edited together, however, some of the scenes were painfully slow.  Something needed added to them to make them or a little more interesting or removed completely.  Finally, the film has several on screen kills.  The film is not afraid to show the blood but the practical effects are very minimal.  A little more elaborate kills and some decent practical effects would have went a long way.  Overall, Flesh and Blood a Go! Go! is a solid effort in the indie horror scene.  The film may not be anything new or groundbreaking but it still entertains.  This one is well worth the watch so check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment