Saturday, April 27, 2019

Robot Love Slaves


Starring - Sandy Carey (A Touch of Sex, Sex Delivery), Adam Ward (Pit of Perversion, Sky Pilot), and Candy Samples (Cock Robin, Disco Sex Party)
Release Date - 1971
Genre - Erotic/Sci-fi
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
 
     
     Shit is getting weird in my house.  The week that I was off on vacation saw some Italian horror films, a 90s serial killer flick with Traci Lords, a drive-in classic, and an Australian horror film released by Wild Eye.  I decided to follow all this up with some sleaze.  I decided to go with the AGFA and Something Weird release of Bat Pussy which has a 2K restored release of Robot Love Slaves as one of the special features.  After I watched the hilarious Bat Pussy I decided it only made sense to watch and review Robot Love Slaves.  Thank you MVD for sending this one my way!
      The film follows a scientist who had a paralyzed wife and fantasizes about engaging in intercourse with her.  What he doesn't know is that she is faking her disability and has been cheating on him.  He has been working on robot sex slaves with human skin for others in the same situation like him.  He succeeds in making gorgeous sex robots but they have no off switch and take the sex too far.
     I knew this one was going to be another wild flick in the same way that Bat Pussy was but I actually found myself enjoying this one.  In fact, since I first watched it I've watched it three complete times.  It's so weird and out there but I fucking love it.  The acting in this one is hilariously bad.  The cast stumbles through their lines and stand awkwardly in the middle of the scene.  I loved how little an effort they put into their roles.  The story for this one is straight out of a late 60s drive-in classic with a sleazy twist.  The movie does drag a bit and the story is never fully explored as it should have.  Instead, they rely heavily on the sex scenes which are some of the worst to ever be filmed.  Finally, if you want blood you will be disappointed.  The same can be said for the horrible sex scenes.  Overall, Robot Love Slaves is one of those films people proclaim that are so bad they are good.  It was fun as fuck and highly entertaining even though it was shit on film.  Check it out as a bonus feature on Bat Pussy from AGFA and Something Weird. 




No comments:

Post a Comment