Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Mad Foxes



Director - Paul Grau (Sechs Schwedinnen auf der Alm)
Starring - Jose Gras (Hell of the Living Dead, Conquest), Laura Premica, and Andrea Albani (Sexual Desires, The Hot Girl Juliet)
Release Date - 1981
Genre - Action
Tagline - "He just messed with the wrong Nazi bikers!"
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
    
    I love when I get the chance to watch an exploitation flick I've never seen before.  Especially when they are from a company that I love.  I know Full Moon has released some questionable films over the years but their overall filmography is well worth anyone's time.  Sometime ago, I was sent the 1981 Spanish exploitation flick Mad Foxes.  This was one I had never heard of before but I couldn't wait to check it out.  Sadly, I fucking forgot about it until after my house fire.  I was packing up my movies and found it.  I tossed it in my review stack and when I had time for it I finally tossed it in.  I feel stupid for waiting so long because it was a fun one.  Thank you Full Moon for sending this one my way!
     The film follows a wealthy playboy who has an expensive sports car that catches the attention of a group of Nazi bikers.  They have an altercation and the man in the car causes an accident which kills one of the Nazis.  They follow him where they beat him and rape his girlfriend.  He leaves the city after meeting another woman to visit his parents in the country.  The Nazis follow him yet again and kill his parents.  This drives him over the edge and he murders the bikers one by one until there is only one let...
     I honestly didn't know what to expect when I went into this one.  I have to say that I'm pretty shocked by how bloody it is.  The movie was definitely entertaining.  The acting in this is laughable and when I say laughable I mean you will honestly laugh at the casts' reactions to certain scenarios.  They show no emotion and the dubbing makes it especially funny.  Some of the more violent scenes had me in stitches.  I would love to watch this in a group of like minded friends while drinking a few beers.  The story for this one is typical for the late 70s when the revenge/vigilante films were popular.  It combines both elements into a film that goes back and forth on who is the victim and who is the perpetrator.  It has a great deal of violence and the story just doesn't stop but the film has several dry scenes that makes it a little tough to watch at times.  The horrible acting and piss poor dubbing mixed with bland dialogue does get difficult to sit through at times.  Finally, the film does not shy away from death.  We get several kill scenes that you don't expect that make good use of bright red blood and gun wounds.  The effects work for the kills we get but those of you wanting gore will not be satisfied.  Overall, Mad Foxes is an exploitation film for exploitation fans.  If you love sleazy and violent cinema then this is for you.  Check it out. 



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment