Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Rolls Royce Baby

 

Director - Erwin C. Dietrich (Caged Women, She Devils of the SS)
Starring - Lina Romay (Revenge in the House of Usher, Oasis of the Zombies), Eric Falk (Six Swedish Girls in a Boarding School, Barbed Wire Dolls), and Ursula Maria Schaefer (Girls Who Play Alone, Varsity Playthings)
Release Date - 1975
Genre - Comedy
Tagline - "...a girl who knows what she wants"
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
 
 
     I've been burning through movies trying to get caught up on reviews.  I'm watching almost three to four movies a day and reviewing them immediately after watching them.  That is a lot of horror movies in a week.  I love horror but sometimes you find yourself getting a little burned out when you watch that much of it so I started doing something.  Every Sunday I toss in a sexploitation or exploitation flick give myself a break from the blood and gore.  Last Sunday I decided to check out the 1975 Lina Romay film Rolls Royce Baby that was sent my way from Full Moon Features.  I had never seen this one before but I am very familiar with her body...of work.  Thank you Full Moon for sending this one my way. 
     The film follows erotic model (Romay) who is known for her captivating photos.  However, she is bored with life and travels around in her Rolls Royce looking for someone to give her some sexual satisfaction. 
     I was actually looking forward to checking this one out but I found myself just not liking it.  I have nothing against a sleazy movie being sleazy just for the point of being sleazy but Rolls Royce Baby bored the ever loving fuck out of me.  The acting in this one is not bad but you don't really get to enjoy the cast.  Because the film lacks a plot we don't get the most in depth character interactions.  Instead we get light dialogue before the dry humping begins.  The story for this one is non-existent.  We get scenes that are tied together by the character only with nothing happening aside from nudity and light acting.  The film was clearly put together on the fly and to take advantage of Lina Romay and her connect to Franco.  Finally, no blood or gore in this one.  If you are after nudity then you will be in luck.  Overall, Rolls Royce Baby was not that appealing to me.  It was a movie that succeeded in turning nudity into a boring concept.  Skip this one.  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment