Thursday, November 14, 2019

SheBorg


Director - Daniel Armstrong (From Parts Unknown, MurderDrome)
Starring - Whitney Duff (Through the Eyes of the Dead, Mirror of Filth), Daisy Masterman (Tarnation, Nova Star), and Kirsten Betts (The Adventures of Budgie Boy)
Release Date - 2016
Genre - Horror/Sci-Fi
Tagline - "Part woman. Part machine. Total destruction"
Format - DVD (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):
    
     Several years back I was allowed to review for Horror Society.  I had a blog for a few years and after sending over some samples I was brought on to post for the site.  Sometime later I started getting movie in for review and it was around that time I got the movie MurderDrome in to check out.  The film was directed by Daniel Armstrong and I absolutely loved it.  Since then I have reviewed his other film From Parts Unknown which I also loved.  Sometime back Wild Eye Releasing picked up rights to distribute Armstrong's film SheBorg Massacre under the title SheBorg.  I was lucky enough to get a copy of this one to check out.  Like the previous films, this was another hit!
     The film follows a fugitive SheBorg that has escapes capture and crash lands on Earth near a puppy mill.  She starts eating people and turning others into cyborgs to do her bidding.  Stuck in the middle of the chaos it two young women who must stop them before they take over the town.





   
     I previously watched a few trailers for this one to stir up excitement which is something I rarely do.  Most of the time the trailer for a film gives too much away or gives the viewers the only cool parts of the film.  They rarely do the film justice but SheBorg is one I was looking forward to checking out and I really wanted to see the trailer for it.  The trailer was perfect for the film and did not give too much away.  SheBorg was a fun watch with very minor flaws.  I truly enjoyed it.  The acting in this one is phenomenal.  The entire cast, leads and supporting, were great.  The characters are all very well written and none of them are boring.  The cast works great together and the characters they brought to life is unforgettable.  The story for this one is fun with a perfect mix of Critters and ManBorg.  The escaped alien crashing to Earth is very similar to Critters.  The similarities end there however and we get an overly bloody sci-fi horror flick that could have easily passed as a zombie flick.  I'm glad Armstrong didn't go that route because I really enjoyed the cyborg approach.  My only real complaint with the film is that the movie could have ended in a few spots but kept going.  The story needed a little tighter writing.  Finally, this film is not afraid to show some blood.  The practical effects in this one are fun.  We don't really get a tremendous amount of gore but blood is a plenty in this one.  I loved the practical effects and the make up effects for the cyborgs and SheBorg.  I loved her look and the prosthetics look great.  Overall, SheBorg is the no budget blood soaked horror sci-fi movie from Australia that you didn't know you needed.  I highly suggest you check this one out now on DVD from Wild Eye!


No comments:

Post a Comment