Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Twisted Fates


Director(s) - Ron Ford (Tombstones of the Blind Dead, The Mark of Dracula), Bob Olin, and Joe Sherlock (Blood Creek Woodsman, Beyond the Wall of Fear)
Starring - Ariauna Albright (Bloodletting, Polymorph), Dee Alsman (Underbelly, Abomination: The Evilmaker II), and Amanda Bounds (Blood Creek Woodsman, Platoon of the Dead)
Release Date - 2012
Genre - Horror
Format - Streaming (Online Screener)

Rating (out of 5):


I’ve been watching a good chunk of the Skullface Astronaut filmography and I’m been enjoying every minute of it. I’ve been binging several films before taking a break to watch some other films sent my way for review. My most recent mini marathon of Skullface Astronaut is about to come to an end. On this go around I was lucky enough to review Blood Creek Woodsmen, Dark Zone Thirteen, Dark Zone Thirteen Part 2, before moving on to the last film in this batch. Now I’m finishing with the 2012 horror anthology Twisted Fates. I once again want to thank Joe Sherlock and Skullface Astronaut for sending this one over for myself and Horror Society to check out. 
      The film follows two men going door to door to spread the good word when they find themselves tied up and forced to listen to several horrifying tales. 
      Twisted Fates may be my favorite horror anthology from Joe Sherlock and Skullface Astronaut. I liked most of the stories and and characters with several having enough potential to have their own spin off film or segment in another anthology. Hell, I found myself a little disappointed when the film actually ended. The acting in this one is very enjoyable but extremely awkward at times. I liked the energy and how involved some of the cast was with their scenes. However, several scenes felt awkward to watch due to their inexperience but the good outweighs the bad. The stories for this one is a lot of fun. The wraparound segment reminded me a lot of Tales from the Darkside: The Movie with the woman telling the abducted men stories in the same fashion as the witch makes the little boy she has caged read stories from a book she read as a child. MY favorite segment of the film involves the beautiful killer who moves into a nice community only to meet a set of twins who also murder. There is some clever writing here with some fun twists that utilizes the film’s lack of budget. Finally, the film has blood and boobs but don’t expect the kills to stick with you. The characters carry the film and the nudity adds another layer of enjoyment but the death scenes are a bit underwhelming. Overall, Twisted Fates is probably my favorite horror anthology from Skullface Astronaut. The humor, nudity, and story telling works very well in my opinion which takes away from the film’s lack of budget. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment