Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pillow Talk

Director - Mitch Dolan
Starring - Mitch Dolan
Release Date - 2016
Genre - Horror/Comedy/Sci-Fi
Format - Streaming (Online Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     Have you ever met someone, in person or virtually, and wonder where they have been your whole life?  I want to say something cute and wonderful about this is what I thought when I first met my wife and how my whole world changed when I met her but I'm not.  When I say this I'm referring to Mitch Dolan.  I have no fucking clue who Mitch Dolan is, where he's from, or whether or not he shakes his pecker dry or dabs it with toilet paper after he pisses but I do know one fucking thing and that is indie cinema needs him.  I can sit here and name at least 100 amazing indie horror directors who I absolutely love.  Their films never let me down and I always look forward to their next project.  But, big but, very few filmmakers can make me gut laugh with their humor.  A few weeks back Mitch reached out to the Horror Society Facebook page and asked us to share the trailer for his experimental short Pillow Talk.  This bizzaro little short looked like something I would love so I shared it.  A few days later Mitch asked me to review.  Fuck yea, I jumped on it.  I have now watched this absurd piece of trash 6 times.  I fucking love it.  I don't love it as much as giving myself the stranger while Baywatch is on but it's pretty fucking close.  I want to thank Mitch for changing my life.  Well, not changing my life but entertaining the hell out of me.
     The film follows a man who time travels.  During one of his adventures he comes across Donald Trump's diary.  He starts reading it to his dog.  He starts out with a tale about how he fed his roommate to his dog before moving on.  We are then tossed into a story about aliens, trannies, cum swallowing, and shit getting smeared all over someone's face.
     I had no idea what Pillow Talk was about but it looked like something I would see with a Troma seal of approval on it.  It looked fun and like something I would enjoy but most of the time I don't expect much from films like this.  However, Pillow Talk fucking delivered and I can't fucking wait to see what Mitch has for us in the future.  The acting in this one is just not there.  It's not.  Mitch is a one man show.  He delivers some funny ass dialogue.  His opening speech is fucking brilliant and really makes fun of the social media warriors and how they get offended over the most trivial thing.  We then get to the short itself where Mitch continues to casually talk as he reads from the Trump Bible, I mean diary.  Once again, no real acting but he still makes it fun.  The story for this one is a fucking acid trip meets the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.  The story is satirical, politically charged, and raunchy.  What more could you ask for?  It makes absolutely no fucking sense but it pulls you in just long enough to shit all over your senses.  Finally, if you are looking for blood and gore you will very greatly disappointed.  With that being said, the film is overflowing with visual effects.  In some of the scenes the visual effects look great and really hook the viewer while others are downright laughable which fits perfectly.  Overall, Pillow Talk is a trash cinema masterpiece.  It's funny, gonzo, and bat shit crazy.  If you want to see something that is mind numbingly fun then Pillow Talk is for you.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment