Saturday, December 21, 2019

Swedish Gas Pump Girls


Director - Erwin C. Dietrich (Caged Women, Rolls-Royce Baby)
Starring - Brigitte Lahaie (The Night of the Hunted, Two Orphan Vampires), Jane Baker (A Foreign Girl in Paris, Sweet Young Girls), and Nadine Pascal (Zombie Lake, Caged Women)
Release Date - 1980
Genre - Fantasy
Tagline - "Their body works the best"
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     After watching a few Christmas themed movies and not finding the Christmas spirit that I usually have this time of year I decided to toss in some sleaze.  I have plenty to pick from at this point.  I have several from Vinegar Syndrome needing my attentions, as well as, a few new Impulse Pictures that just arrived for review.  Instead, I wanted to check out some Full Moon Entertainment releases that was sent my way sometime back.  Sometime back Full Moon sent over a few sexploitation flicks for me to check out.  As I looked through them one stood out so I went with it.  I decided to go with the 1980 Erwin C. Dietrich film Swedish Gas Pump Girls which was released previously in the U.S. under the title Hight Test Girls.  Thanks Full Moon for sending this one my way!
     The film follows 6 Swedish blondes who run a full service gas station.  The full service also includes taking the paying customers up to their room for a little fun game of in and out.  The local officials in town want their establishment closed down when they come under pressure from their jealous wives.  However, when their current building they use to practice their brass band in becomes unstable they work up a deal with the girls to use their building and they can remain open.
    I honestly didn't know what I was getting myself into but I have to admit that I had a lot of fun with this one.  Mostly laughing at the unintentional humor, but fun none the less.  Regardless, I had fun with this extremely cheesy sexploitation flick.  The acting in this one is on the awkward side.  The cast may work in front of the camera but acting in not their main concern.  Hell, their sex on camera is not their main concern as well.  They are here purely to be eye candy for the viewer and to get awkwardly dry humped but their male counterparts. The supporting cast is equally as awkward to watch but this did add some very entertaining moments.  The story for this one would be a plot for a 20 minute sexploitation flick but here it is stretched to a feature length film running time.  In order to meet that running time we get several of the same scenarios done multiple times but with different cast members in order to drag it out.  However, the humor we get is well worth subjecting ourselves to the lengthy dry humping scenes.  Finally, no blood or gore in this one.  This sexploitation flick remains true to it's sexy nature.  Overall, Swedish Gas Pump Girls is far from perfect but does offer up some laughs and late night entertainment.  I recommend checking out this strange little film on DVD now from Full Moon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment