Monday, December 23, 2019

The Women of Inferno Island


Director - Erwin C. Dietrich (Six Swedish Girls in a Boarding School, She Devil of the SS)
Starring - Karine Gambier (Voodoo Passion, Private Nurse), Brigitte Lahaie (The Night of the Hunted, Dacula's Fiancée), and Nadine Pascal (Zombie Lake, Jailhouse Wardress)
Release Date - 1980
Genre - Erotic
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     I've made mention in several reviews but I'll make note of it again.  Back in January I had a house fire that resulted in several rooms being damaged from the fire and a few others were damaged by water from the fire department.  Because of the fire I was forced to put my movie collection into storage.  Christmas is just a few days away and all the films I typically enjoy this time of year are in totes.  I just don't feel very Christmassy this year so I ventured in to the sleazy world of sexploitation.  After watching Full Moon Entertainment's release of Swedish Gas Pump Girls I decided to keep the Full Moon train rolling.  This time I decided to go with another 1980 Erwin C. Dietrich release.  Caged Women is a title that many fans of the women in prison sub-genre have heard of but they may not know of it under it's alternate title The Women of Inferno Island.  Hell, I didn't know this was Caged Women when I tossed it in but I'm glad I do now!  Thanks Full Moon for sending this one my way.  
     The film follows the wife of a politician who has a plan of ridding the local brothels with the prostitutes.  She convinces him to round them up and take them to an abandoned island with an old building not in use and use it as a prison for them.  He agrees and has his army round them up.  Soon she is wardress over the prison and those locked up is taken advantage of in more than one way. 
     I wasn't expecting a film that would stick with me the rest of my life.  I went into this one expecting some nudity, a weak story, and rough acting and that's exactly what I got.  The film is far from perfect but I can honestly say this is one I will not be forgetting any time soon.  The acting in this one is pretty even with other Erwin C. Dietrich films.  The cast is meant to be pretty and seduce the viewer with little or no on screen experience.  However, a few of the tantalizing beauties do have on screen experience which is strange considering how awkward several of the scenes are.  The story for this one is standard fair for a women in prison flick.  We follow a sadistic women, following in the Isla footsteps, that imprisons women only to subject them to sexual torture and abuse.  Most of the time these stories deliver a rather boring experience but this film is able to bring some character to life that you somewhat want to follow.  Finally, those wanting blood and gore will not find it here.  However, if female flesh is what you are after you will find it in abundance.  Overall, The Women of Inferno Island is a simple and sleazy good time.  This is one of those movies you toss in and don't have to pay attention to follow.  Check it out if you want beautiful women and some classic exploitation on DVD now from Full Moon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment