Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Twister's Revenge




Director - Bill Rebane (Blood Harvest, Monster a Go-Go)
Starring - Dean West (Blood Harvest), Meredith Orr, and David Alan Smith (Sons of Anarchy, Desolate)
Release Date - 1988
Genre - Comedy/Sci-Fi
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) (Screener)


Rating (out of 5):

     Here we are.  After several days I'm finally at the end of my Bill Rebane marathon.  The Weird Wisconsin box set from Arrow Video has some ups and downs but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy myself.  Invasion from Inner Earth is, hands down, my favorite in the set but The Alpha Incident and The Demons of Ludlow were still solid films.  Monster a Go-Go had some moments but missed it's mark while The Game was almost unwatchable.  Now, I move on to the final film in the set, Twister's Revenge.  This is the only film in the set not labelled a horror title.  Instead, this sci-fi comedy is a completely different film in tone of style and atmosphere.  It fell short but still had some fun moments.
     The film follows three idiots who are trying to score some serious cash when they hear that a man and his future wife has put an extremely expensive computer in his monster truck.  However, when they try to steal the computer they learn that the monster truck is equipped with state of the art A.I. and is sentient.  In the heat of the moment they decide to kidnap the man's wife instead.  The man and the truck team up to get her back.
     Honestly, when I got this set in for review I just assumed that Twister's Revenge would be the shittiest movie in the set but it wasn't.  Hell, there was even times I enjoyed this odd little flick.  I don't want to watch it again unless I was heavily intoxicated but I had fun with it to an extent.  The acting in this one is funny which makes the film as funny as it is but it does get bad at times.  The characters are what makes this one as fun as it is but there is some scenes that left me wondering where the director was when they went through their lines.  The story for this one is so far out there but it has it's moments.  A killer vehicle with a mind of it's own is nothing new even in 1988.  However, this hixploitation spin on it could have been so much more fun than it was.  The movie relies too much on the bumbling idiots instead of the truck which becomes a bit dull at times.  It's a bit repetitive at times but there was some fun moments.  Finally, the film isn't a bloody one.  We have some monster truck fun and a few laughs but no blood or gore.  Overall, Twister's Revenge is not as bad as you would expect but its extremely difficult to watch at times with some laughs scattered throughout.  It's worth at least one watch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment