Sunday, August 8, 2021

Filthy McNastier: Maximum Dousche


Director - Chris Seaver (Geek War, Die-B-Que)
Starring - Tim Ekkebus (Anal Paprika 3: Menage-A-Death, Silent Horror), Brie Jones, and David Autovino (Bad Cupid,  Filthy McNasty)O
Release Date - 2005
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Tagline - "Ladies...open wide and taste it"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) 

Rating (out of 5):

     Mulva: Zombie Ass Kicker! and Filthy McNasty may have jump started my love for Chris Seaver's films but the FM series is one that I never did get around to watching.  I did eventually buy the quadrilogy DVD some years back for my collection but I never did make the time to watch it.  With the new blu set from Tempe Digital I decided to remedy that and finally give it a spin.  I wasn't expecting the follow up to be as fun as the first film but I knew I would be laughing.
     The film follows Phil the sex demon as he crosses paths with an old vampire acquaintance.  He talks him into going with him to a party where they can fuck and kill everyone there.  The party just happens to be hosted by Max who was killed and resurrected in the first film.
     Filthy McNastier had some laughs and that Chris Seaver sense of humor but the film was just a rehashing of some of the first film with little to no progress in terms of story.  I guess I was expecting a little something more but this one did disappoint.  The acting in this one is more of what you would expect from a Low Budget Picture's film.  The cast really gets into their roles and deliver some fun dialogue but the characters are not as bold and entertaining as the first film.  I was expecting Razor to be a big part of the story and deliver some laughs but he basically blended into the background.  The story for this one is pretty much more of the first film without giving us anything new.  I was looking forward to a little more lore or backstory to the sex demon which the film was pretty much void of that.  Instead, we get another party scenario with sex and death.  It would have been fun maybe if I didn't marathon it with the first film.  Sadly, I did and found myself a little bored with it.  Finally, the film has more no budget effects and blood.  It works for the film but those of you looking for memorable deaths will be very disappointed.  Filthy McNastier isn't a worthy follow up to one of Seaver's classic films.  The blu looks a little better than DVD quality but nothing spectacular.  

No comments:

Post a Comment