Thursday, August 12, 2021

Filthy McNasty 4: Carnal Holocaust


Director - Chris Seaver (Moist Fury, Filthy McNasty)
Starring - Meredith Host (The Weirdsies, Death O'Lantern), Jesse Ames (Return to Blood Fart Lake, Deathbone), and Desiree Saetia (Zombie Babies, Phantom of the Grindhouse)
Release Date - 2015
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):


     It took some time but here I am with the final film in Chris Seaver's Filthy McNasty quadrilogy.  The series has some up and downs but overall I've been a little disappointed.  The first film is fantastic and I really enjoyed it.  However, the second and third films were tough to sit through.  I love Seaver and his films but there is a few of his that I don't care for with Filthy McNasty 2 and 3 being among them.  I was on the fence when I tossed in Filthy McNasty 4 but the film was very enjoyable.  It not only expanded the story that we were given in the first three films but gives the viewer some new and entertaining characters.
     The film follows two sex demons who are summoned by a socially awkward sex-ed teacher who wants to be more attractive to her students.  The spell works but the two sex demons are now wreaking havoc at Bonejack High leaving a group of nerdy students to stop them before they can kill everyone.
     Filthy McNasty 4 fits in to what I like to call the modern era of Chris Seaver where his films look better and the stories have more layers to it.  They still feature his sense of humor and hilarious dialogue but the movies are all around improved upon.  I enjoyed it a little bit more than I did the first film but it doesn't hold a place in my heart like the original does.  The acting in this one is a little bit better than the previous films but fits in perfectly with the more newer films from Seaver.  He reuses a lot of the cast from previous films and it's clear they have used every film as experience to grow.  The cast creates some seriously memorable characters and the dialogue is hysterical.  The story for this one combines some of the elements from the previous three while taking the story in a forward motion.  I absolutely loved the fact that this one does not follow the same beaten path the previous films used.  Sure, it was funny for the first film but three years later it's like beating a dead horse.  Hell, I liked this one so much that I would love to see Seaver build upon it yet again.  Finally, the film has some bloody moments with some alright practical effects and some gags but nothing that stands out or memorable for horror fans.  Overall, Filthy McNasty 4 is a great Chris Seaver film and a worthy instalment in the Filthy McNasty series.  This is the best looking film by far and one I highly recommend.  Check it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment