Sunday, March 24, 2013

10 Vampire Movies That are Better Love Stories Than Twilight Part II

     Sometime last month I wrote "10 Vampire Movies That are Better Than Twilight Part I" in hopes that I would have part II ready in a week.  However, I completely forgot about writing part II even after all the attention the post received.  I guess deep down I try to block out anything that has to do with that shitty film series.  So without further ado, here is part II!

5. Near Dark
     Near Dark is a tale about a lovelorn cowboy as he falls in love with a beautiful vampire.  Her vampire family disapproves of this but accept him anyway turning him in to a vampire.  Just a straight forward love story with vampires being vampires and not fairy shit.

 4. Fright Night
      This is another straight forward love story, however, unlike Twilight, neither lovebirds are vampires.  In fact, the vampire is a villain like they were intended to be.  A high school couple fall prey to a sinister vampire after he falls in love with the young girl.  It is up to her loving boyfriend and a late night horror host to kill the beast and save his love.

3. Blacula

      Blacula follows an African prince who is cursed by Dracula and locked away for well over a hundred years.  After he is freed by a gay couple (another love story better than Twilight) he crosses paths with the reincarnation of his long lost bride.  She has no recollection of him forcing him to try to earn her love again and kill everyone in his path. 

2. Lesbian Vampire Killers
     The obvious love story here is the lesbians and my love for them, however, aside from that there is another love story at play.  A young man is down on his luck after his girlfriend breaks up with him.  His party animal friend takes him on a vacation to take his mind off things.  Unfortunately, they travel to a small village where lesbian vampires are killing the locals and he meets a beautiful virgin.  While fighting for their lives the pair fall in love... 

1. The Lost Boys
     Most of you assumed that I put The Lost Boys on this because of the relationship between Michael and Star.  I assumed this was the only relationship in this film until one day I was watching this movie with my wife, who is an avid Twilight fan, when she spotted the true love story within this film.  That my friends is the true love story of the two Coreys.  That's right...Corey Haim and Corey Feldman.  For years I have watched this movie and never once noticed it and I want to thank my wife for pointing this out to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment