Thursday, May 11, 2017

Frankenstein Created Bikers


Director - James Bickert (Dear God No, Dumpster Baby)
Starring - Jett Bryant (Dear God No), Laurence R. Harvey (The Human Centipede II: Final Sequence), and Tristan Risk (American Mary)
Release Date - 2017
Genre - Horror
Tagline - "A 35mm exploitation epic"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     Back in 2011 I married a woman I never thought I would find in my lifetime.  She was someone that not only put up with my horror obsession and movie collecting but she also allowed me to embrace it.  She judged but deep down she still loved me and wanted me to be happy.  I was working a damn fine job and we literally had no bills so all money went into savings with the exception of $200 a month in which I used to buy movies.  I picked up an exploitation flick titled Dear God No mostly because it had bigfoot in it.  I had no idea I would love it and boy do I love it.  It's one of my favorite movies in my collection.  I sought director James Bickert out on Facebook where I could be nosey and follow him as he announces new films.  It was not long after that he started sharing news on Frankenstein Created Biker, his sequel to DGN.  After several years of waiting the film was finally available and James was kind enough to send a review copy my way.  Thank you James!
     The film picks up sometime after the events in Dear God No.  Jett and his biker gang The Impalers have been brought back to life by the Dr. Marco aka Dr. Frankenstein.  Dr. Marco is using a special serum to keep them alive and it is because of this serum that he has a hold on them and they are forced to do his bidding.  The doctor has enlisted the help of another doctor to track down bigfoot and aid him in finding a suitable body for his daughter's head.  What they all don't know is that Jett's ex girlfriend and a group of bounty hunters are now looking for The Impalers, as well as, a state wide manhunt by the local police.

     Dear God No is easily one of the best sleazy exploitation flicks I have ever seen.  The film is vile, vulgar, profane, and I love every fucking second of it.  My poor wife has dealt with me quoting this movie for years and the day I received this film in the mail she said I looked like a child at Christmas.  Excited for this sequel is an understatement.  I had a fucking hard on for it.  I needed it.  When I tossed it in I was a little let down.  The film is not bad by any means.  Hell, its better than 90% of the films I've reviewed over the years but it doesn't hold a candle to the ass of DGN.  The acting in this one is very uneven.  We get amazing performances from Jett Bryant, Ellie Church, Laurence R. Harvey, Paul McComiskey, Madeline Brumby, and all The Impalers but I just wasn't feeling Tristan Risk in her role as Val.  I can see how she is trying to channel her inner Frigga but she just feels forced and unnatural.  I honestly think the role of Val should have been handed off to Church with Risk taking over her character.  The biggest surprise in regards to acting actually came from Laurence R. Harvey.  His performance in Human Centipede II is iconic and he will forever be known for that role which is sad considering he doesn't really get to show his acting chops.  His scenes are very straight forward and he's not able to showcase his talent.  All the films I have seen him in since are very similar and is clearly being typecast.  Bickert gave Harvey plenty of room and Harvey delivered on the character.  I really enjoyed his role and hated to see it end.  However, my favorite role belonged to Jett Bryant who absolutely killed it.  He was one of my favorite parts of the first film and brought that intensity to this film.  If we don't see him return in a third film then Trump really did win.  The story for this one truly makes sense considering how the first film ended.  The mad scientist angle that was barely touched upon in the first film is fully explored with some nods to Bride of Frankenstein and The Brain That Wouldn't Die.  The film is also home to some of the best one liners I have ever heard.  Even more so than DGN.  The film had me laughing pretty hard but some of the scenes went on a little too long ruining the joke.  This film would benefit from having some of the fat trimmed.  Finally, this film is an absolute gorefest.  The film is full of imaginative kills that use some solid practical effects.  Some of the kills had me cheering at the television which is rare for indie horror.  The effects are all good but some gags were better than others.  The effects are not consistent but far from something to complain about.  Overall, Frankenstein Created Bikers is one of the best mad scientist runs amuck with bikers and bigfoot exploitation films I have ever seen.  Solid follow up to Dear God No! and made with love for all you gorehounds out there.  Check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment