Thursday, March 5, 2020

Bigfoot's Bride


Director - Erick Wofford (The Music of Erich Zann)
Starring - Jordan Phipps (Close Calls, Amazon Hot Box), Joel Rogers (Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, Lawless), and Xia Orozco (The Horrific Evil Monsters, Private Dicks)
Release Date - 2020
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Format - Streaming (Online Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     I absolutely adores 70s bigfoot flicks.  I used to love sitting up late with my grandmother watching these movies on Sci-Fi before they rebranded.  This love for these movies spilled over into my adulthood and I'm always on the hunt for a new no-budget bigfoot flick to check out.  I've seen a few bigfoot flicks over the years that was extremely enjoyable.  Films like The Big F, Sexsquatch, and Bigfoot Ate My Boyfriend all need to be seen to be believed.  I've also seen a few duds as well.  I highly suggest skipping Bigfoot Blood Trap unless you are into torturing yourself.  A few days ago I saw a post from another reviewer that he was checking out Erick Wofford's Bigfoot's Bride.  The artwork fucking sold me on the film and I had to see it.  I reached out to Erick and he was kind enough to allow Horror Society the opportunity to check it out.  Thanks Erick!
     The film follows a denim wearing deformed humanoid that lives in the woods.  He spends most of his days searching for men to eat and women to watch piss.  
     I've seen some weird ass bigfoot films in my life but this is by far the weirdest.. and I loved every fucking minute of it.  The bigfoot films I mentioned earlier are all movies that need to be seen to be believed.  Bigfoot's Bride is another movie that I just can't explain.  Fans of cult cinema and weird indie will just need to see it for themselves.  The acting in this one is solid but the characters are painfully flat.  They lack personality but the cast does a solid job with what they were given.  The characters are all grounded but the film really needs a character that stood out and add life to some of the scenes.  The story for this one is so fucking strange but it's fun as fuck.  Is the creature bigfoot, a Chernobyl victim, the missing link?  I don't know what this thing is but that's what makes it so much fun.  It stands out when compared to other bigfoot films.  I really enjoyed the look of the beast but the film would have been much more fun if it didn't talk.  His voice doesn't match the tone of the film and feels a little on the goofy side.  It doesn't take away from the finished product but removing it would make the tone more effective.  Finally, the film has some great make-up effects.  I loved the creature and it's look and we get some practical effects scattered throughout as well which only added more fun to the film.  We don't get a lot of gore but we do get some which is good enough for me.  Overall, Bigfoot's Bride is the best late night bigfoot flick that I've seen in awhile.  It's unusual and I can't wait to watch this one again with some friends and booze.  Check it out when you get the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment