Friday, October 11, 2019

Ozark Sharks


Director - Misty Talley (Mississippi River Sharks, Santa Jaws)
Starring - Allisyn Ashley Arm (King of California, Mr. Woodcock), Dave Davis (The Walking Dead, Logan), and Ross Britz (American Horror Story, The Purge)
Release Date - 2016
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     By this point in October I would be balls deep in Halloween movies.  Typically on the 10th I would watch a Halloween flick I had never seen before and then move on to one of my staples like The Nightmare Before Christmas or John Carpenter's Halloween but this year I'm trying something different.  This October I've tried to check out movies I've never seen before and this Shark Bait DVD set from Mill Creek Entertainment has been a blast to tear through.  After checking out Ghost Shark and Mississippi River Shark I went on through the set and next up is Ozark Sharks.  
     The film follows a family who are taking a weekend getaway to the Ozark to visit a family cabin.  Things start off innocently enough but when grandma is eaten by a shark while wading in the river they quickly discover that that river ways are infested with bull sharks and they must stop them before more innocent people die.



     I knew I was going to have fun with this one but I also knew it wasn't going to deliver anything different.  I was right for the most part but this movie did offer a little more than the first two films in way of characters.  The acting in this one is solid but still extremely cheesy.  The characters are way more entertaining than the previous two films but they are still just as forgettable as the other films.  The story for this one is painfully similar to the previous film, Mississippi River Sharks.  We once again followed people who are trying to enjoy themselves near water when sharks who should not be there arrive and kill.  Nothing new and nothing really memorable there either.  Finally, we get the same laughable CGI sharks and gore with practically no practical effects.  Overall, Ozark Sharks is from the same mold as the others but doesn't really offer up anything new with the exception of more entertaining characters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment