Monday, May 30, 2022

The Curse of the Fatwolf


Director - Steven Reifsteck (McMurderer, Attack of the Scarecrow from Mars)
Starring - Steven Reifsteck, Kyle Reise (Late Night Skin, Hunting a Pigman: Part One), and Johnny Vintage (Hunting a Pigman: Part One, Attack of the Scarecrow from Mars)
Release Date - 2022
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Format - DVD (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):

     Sometime last year I cross paths with the Janice.Click Instagram page and my life was never the same again.  I found them after a friend of mine tagged them in a picture of their Happy Meal box that they releases as part of their McMurderer release.  McMurderer was a wild short that really caught me off guard.  Hell, even a year later and I'm still not sure what it was I watched.  Since then the collective behind Janice.Click has put out another short and a feature length film that somehow snuck passed me.  I went ahead and ordered both for my collection and after watching X and Umma I decided it was time to let have my brain melted by the short The Curse of the Fatwolf.  
     The film follows a young man who was bitten by a fatwolf and must destroy it with a silver pizza before he can regain his humanity.  
     When you hear the title The Curse of the Fatwolf you know exactly what type of film you are getting into.  It was ridiculous and a lot of fun without being too over the top and unwatchable.  I had a lot of fun with it and fans of indie horror comedies will appreciate it as well.  The acting in this one is fun but the cast is not trying to impress anyone.  They say their lines of dialogue and move on to the next but the humor more than makes up for their lack of acting.  I really enjoyed the fatwolf sense of humor and puns.  The story for this one is short, sweet, and to the point.  We get a stereotypical werewolf film but the tropes we all know and love is swapped with fat jokes.  It's funny and at just 16 minutes it doesn't over stay it's welcome.  Finally, don't expect a bloodbath or extremely gory deaths.  The werewolves are wearing cheap masks and that's the extent of it.  Overall, The Curse of the Fatwolf is pretty funny but still the weird and strange style that you would expect from the team behind McMurderer.  Check it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment