Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Antfarm Dickhole (2011)



Antfarm Dickhole (2011)
directed by:  Bill Zebub
starring:  Bill Zebub, Mike Nastri, Jessica Mazo
Format:  NTSC Region 1:  Personal Collection
Tagline:  He's Got Ants In His Pants!



(out of 5)



        
Well what can I say after complaining several times on my social site regarding my frustrations with the videos of Bill Zebub my friend Dustin Mills director of such awesomeness as Heart Attack aka Night of the Tentacles, The Ballad of Skinless Pete, and Puppetmonster Massacre finally convinced my brain to give Zebub's comedies a shot.  I had only ever seen Kill the Scream Queen and two other Zebub videos which were pretty much the same thing as Kill the Scream Queen.  I liked KTSQ it had an originality to it I never saw before.  A guy (Zebub) makes movies about torturing naked girls tied up.  No it wasn't brilliant but I liked it, Zebub made me laugh.  But then I saw another and another, same damn thing, same damn thing.  Okay now my frustrations came out because frankly I just see it as using an art I love to churn out plotless naked torture videos for some quick cash.  Or maybe he was funding his more creative movies.  Are his videos and movies (sorry I don't consider plotless garbage as a movie, it's a video) art, yes they are but almost anything is art so the validity of them being art is kind of subjective.
     Anywho Antfarm Dickhole was terrible.  Much better than his other videos I've seen but not by much.  The writing, I can say the writing was fair.  Zebub did bring a smile to my face and a chuckle in two scenes in particular.  There was a part when Ant-drew humps the exhaust of car and another scene in which he ball bats some bullies which was done in slow motion and quite entertaining for the moment.  But overall I just feel Zebub just tries to make a movie as seedy as possible for shock effect and easy profit.  I find nothing artistically redeeming at all from the four films I've seen, three of which were pretty close to the same.  I don't usually like to spew out this kind of review but some movies just create that kind of emotion.  Which is part of the reason they are made so standing ovation there.
     The fx or lack there of in this movie were one of the most ridiculous displays of lack of
imagination I have ever seen.  From a dick that looked like it was picked up at the local butt plug shop to the unmoving rubber ants.  Not to mention a few scenes of rubbing blood all over the victims bodies with their hands which was funny at first and then just stupid.  Our main actor Mike Nastri did a fine job playing his part in the film.  So I guess if I have to say something good about the movie it would be the acting of Zebub himself and Mike Nastri as our protagonist.  So there you have it another bore from Zebub and hopefully the last one.  At four purchased movies from Zebub I must be his best worst fan.     

No comments:

Post a Comment