Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hogmaul: The Legend of Abrams County (2013)

Hogmaul (2013)
directed by:  Nap Bishop
starring:  Chris Beck, Sarah Bentley, Vicki Bentley
Format:  NTSC Region 1

(out of 5)
     I'm not down with cheating of any kind.  Ripping off or copying other people's work is cheating in my book.  Let's take a look at my evidence first.  The following are pictures of Eamon Hardiman's Porkchop vs Hogmaul.  Yes a personal favorite of mine as is Eamon as a filmmaker.  Hence why I am so angry here.   Nap Bishop has obviously stolen everything he could from Razor Sharp Productions.  The movie itself was a glaring copy and while I have no interest in reviewing it the same way I do other movies I will say that hey it's about an old county legend in the woods involving a giant man with a pig mask and oh a sledgehammer instead of a croquet hammer and handled blade that Porkchop has.  Not to mention not having a chainsaw sex scene.  The movie as a whole was very slow moving and while I bought the acting I just couldn't help continuing to be enraged in regards to Eamon's original masterpiece being torn to shreds by some obvious hack filmmaker.  Nap I hope you read this and yeah you get some of my money but I can't bash something without watching it unlike some reviewers so there you go and that's the last of it you'll ever get I don't care if you co-direct a Romero film.  I mean ideas are out there for anyone but as you can see from the photos this Ill-Conceived company just blatantly rips off their fellow indie filmmakers making them quite vile to say the least.  My recommendation is to go buy Pork Chop it's much, much better.  And it's their own idea instead of someone else's.

1 comment:

  1. We poured our heart, sweat, blood, and maybe a few tears into Porkchop - grueling months of excessive heat, bitter cold, sleepless nights, and tons of hard work.

    Fuck Hog Maul. Fuck Nap Bishop. And fuck lazy copycat thieves.

    At least it's being recognized for the ripoff it clearly is.

    Love,
    The REAL Porkchop

    ReplyDelete