Saturday, March 15, 2014

Kill That Bitch

 
Director - Dustin Mills (Skinless, Easter Casket)
Starring - Bloodcountess Bathory, Jessica Cook, Brandon Salkil (Bath Salt Zombies, Zombie A-Hole)
Release Date - 2014
Genre - Horror
Tagline - "He found you"
Format - BluRay (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):
     Before I start this review I want to take a few moments to get something out there in the open and off my chest. I hate when "fans" of a filmmaker will bitch and complain because their favorite filmmakers try something different or don't go down the same road they have went down so many times before.  All my favorite filmmakers, indie or well-known, have made films that were out of their norm.  I personally respect the hell out of the filmmakers that do this.  It shows they are actually thinking about their fans and try to offer them something they are not used to.  That brings me to my next review for Ohio based filmmaker Dustin Mill's newest flick, Kill That Bitch.  Mills promised to make a film that was different than his past flicks and this caused several review sites to post negative reviews.  However, I had to wait for my BluRay to arrive...and it did!
     The film follows a group of 5 beautiful women (who hate shirts).  These young girls are falling prey to a masked man.  The man stalks these young women and when they are at their most vulnerable he strikes.  However, he doesn't kill them.  He actually tortures them before releasing them from this world.  As each girl dies one by one it is revealed that the 5 were tied together by a dark secret and this man has no other option but to kill them.
     Typically I don't read the reviews by other writers for a film I plan on reviewing but when it came to KTB I had to check out why they had negative things to say about the film. The things these reviewers were saying about the film were not necessarily bad but they were not the typical characteristics of Dustin Mills and his films.  I read a few of these reviews and had to stop so I didn't spoil my appetite for the film but once it arrived I had to watch it immediately.  However, after just a few moments in I could tell this film was different but not bad.  In fact, when it was all said and done I have to say this film is easily one of the best Dustin Mill's films I have seen to date which is hard to say due to the fact that I fucking love Easter Casket.  The film is different from Mill's other films in tone and style but it still shows many of the traits that make his films so popular.  The film felt like an art house experiment crashed landed in the parking lot of a strip club while Argento was across the street filming Suspiria (farthouse?).  I know that sounds crazy but it will all make sense once you watch the film.  The film has beautiful lighting and cinematography which mixed well with the beautiful women and amazing kill scenes.  The acting in this film is great.  Each cast member submerged themselves in their roles and it shows perfectly.  It is also amazing how these Ohio based filmmakers are able to get so many beautiful women in one film.  It is even more amazing that these filmmakers can get them nude on camera.  TELL ME YOUR SECRETS!  The story for this feels like a giallo inspired slasher before it hits the viewer with a twist ending that came out of nowhere.  This story really shows how much Mills has grown as a director since his first film Puppet Monster Massacre.  This honestly makes me excited to see how much more Mills will grow from this film to his next.  Finally, the film offers some impressive on screen kills.  When it comes to Dustin Mills you never know what you will get.  This man has an amazing talent of mixing practical effects and visual effects to make something really unique and inspiring.  The same can be said for this film though it does have more practical effects over visual (if the film has any visual at all).  Overall, Kill That Bitch is an indie masterpiece that should be seen for what it is instead of what it could be.  The film marks a new era in Mills' career and will be one I revisit often.  If you like fucking good films then you will like this one!






No comments:

Post a Comment