Monday, May 11, 2015

Crazy Murder


Director(s) - Doug Gerber (Leolex) and Caleb Pennypacker (Leolex)
Starring - Ariela Arnon (The Wolf of Wall Street), Mark Hunt (Heavyweight), and Kevin Kenny (Horror)
Release Date - 2014
Genre - Horror
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     A few days ago I brought you beautiful people a review for the surprisingly fun horror flick Hell Fire.  The film had been getting a lot of praise on social media and I was curious so I checked it out.  Brain Damage/Midnight Releasing was kind enough to send me a review copy of the film so I checked it out.  Around the time people were praising Hell Fire, the same fans were bashing the indie flick Crazy Murder on social media for being too vulgar, too disgusting, an so forth.  People that know me know that this does not bother me as long as the film has a story to tell.  I reached out to the Facebook page for Crazy Murder and they sent me a link to an online screener but just a few days later Brain Damage sent me a copy in the package along with Hell Fire.  I appreciate both of you giving me the chance to check out the film!
     The story for this one is simple.  The film follows a homeless man that is clearly unstable as he wonders the streets of New York City.  The man rambles off a bunch of nonsense and then murders anyone he comes in contact with regardless if the are nice to him or not.  When he is not brutally murdering people he is eating trash, shitting in his pants and smearing it on his face, and vomiting on everything.  One day he meets a beautiful young lady who is trying to draw in patrons to her comedy club but her manager runs him off for giving her a turd as a gift.  He returns and takes them both to a secluded area where he then murders them both before returning back to the streets to commit more atrocities.
     When I read what other people were saying about the film I thought I would be given more to it than that but I was very, very wrong.  The film wanted to deliver more shock than story and for fuck's sake does it.  The acting in this one is fucking fantastic by lead psycho Kevin Kenny.  I have seen so many actors and actresses attempt to portray someone unstable in film before and thought they did an amazing job.  Now, all fail in comparison to his performance as the defecating murderer shitting his pants in the streets.  After I watch a film that has an amazing performance I tend to want to meet the cast behind it but this is the only time I do not and would prefer to stay away from someone who could easily cut themselves from reality like Kenny can.  The film follows Kenny so closely that the other characters have such small windows to act that we can't see how good they are.  The story for this one is non-existent but it is fucking relentless when it comes to the brutality and is easily one of the sickest films I have ever seen.  The story is simple.  A man walks around shitting and killing.  That's it.  What the film lacks in story it more than makes up for with depravity.  Finally, the film has several bloody on screen kills with some fucking impressive effects that I had to rewind several times to make sure the kills were, indeed, fake.  These effects have to be seen to be believed.  Overall, Crazy Murder is a simple film that is not for everyone.  The story is not there and there is just way to much bodily fluids for my taste.  However, is you love violent underground films then this one will be right up your alley!





No comments:

Post a Comment