Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Weirdsies

Director - Chris Seaver (Geek War, Evil Night)
Starring - Meredith Host (Taintlight, Wet Heat), Kate Lewis, and Desiree Saetia (Zombie Babies, Demon of Castlebury)
Release Date - 2015
Genre - Comedy
Format - Streaming (Online Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     A few years ago I was at my local FYE digging through the used bin when I came across an old Brentwood Video 4 film set titled Ghoul School.  I had heard of the film Ghoul School for years but that is not why I bought the set.  The main reasons I bought this set was for the two films Filthy McNasty and Mulva: Zombie Ass Kicker.  I had never heard of these two films before so I picked up the set.  These two films just happened to be directed by Chris Seaver.  I watched Mulva first because it was the most metal film title that I have ever seen.  Sadly, the film was not my cup of tea.  I followed that up with Filthy and I fell in love.  Since then I have slowly been collecting and reviewing the works of Seaver.  Not long ago Seaver closed his Warlock Home Video production company to start up his new Midnight Kids Productions.  The first film from MKP is the rude black comedy The Weirdsies.  This was something I was excited to see and that opportunity arose when Seaver asked for reviewers on Facebook.  I reached out to him and he was kind enough to send the film my way.  Thanks Chris!
     The film follows a group of virgins, three beautiful girls and their gay friend, who have been dubbed The Weirdsies by pretty much everyone.  The girls are having a hard time finding someone to fuck them.  They are so desperate to lose their virginity that they will do anything.  They hear a disgusting rumor and decide to see if it is true and finally get some mushroom tip in their sugar walls.
     I may have not seen all of Seaver's films but I have seen enough to know a Seaver flick when I do see one.  Seaver's films are always full of fun characters that you would only find in a late 80s cartoon or film.  That is what I like the most about his films.  The characters are never dull or just there to add more running time to the film.  When Seaver said he was making a new film that would be different than his previous works I was concerned that he would go the route that so many modern indie filmmakers go and create flat, one dimensional characters that offer very little other than an outlet for the viewer to hear dialogue.  Lucky for us, Seaver did not give us flat characters.  In fact, this is probably the best written characters I have seen in a Seaver flick yet!  The acting in this one is fun.  It's obvious the entire cast had a great time on set and it shows in each and every scene.  The characters are disgusting, vile, repulsive, and sexy as fuck.  The film's three leads, Meredith Host, Kate Lewis, and Desiree Saetia, all work very well with each other and this is where the film excels.  The three have amazing chemistry together and this helps when it comes to the comedy.  The film's supporting cast is great and a few of them are the kind of characters I come to expect from Seavers.  These are quirky characters that you will never find in the real world.  They are great and add even more humor to the film.  The story for this one is a combination of dozens of teenage comedies along with a few horror twists here and there.  The obvious teen comedy that comes to mind is American Pie where they make a pact to get some V before graduating.   This is combined with any other teen romp where the film's characters want to get laid like Porky's combined with Revenge of the Nerds.   With that being said, that is where the connections ends.  The Weirdsies takes this notion and tosses it straight into the boys locker room with extremely graphic sex and fart jokes which is oddly sexual coming from the mouths of three beautiful women.  The story was the funniest of any Seaver film to date and truly needs to be seen to be believed.  Finally, this crude black comedy has no death scenes.  Instead, it relies heavily on humor which is it full of.  The humor mostly focuses on sex but there is jokes ranging from farting to even pop culture.  Overall, The Weirdsies is a comedy for those of us that grew up on South Park and Howard Stern.  This is the indie communities response to PC culture that has been tearing social media apart over the last year or so.  If you want to laugh at beautiful woman painfully describing how badly they want wiener then this film is for you.  Please check this one out!




No comments:

Post a Comment