Sunday, June 12, 2016

Mozambique


Director - Robert Lynn (Code 7, Victim 5)
Starring - Steve Cochran (The Virginian), Hildegard Knef (The Dirty Dozen), and Paul Hubschmid (Skullduggery)
Release Date - 1964
Genre - Action/Adventure
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     My non-horror double feature continues as I finish up the second film in one of Blue Undergrounds bluray releases.  I recently checked out Code 7, Victim 5 and really enjoyed it.  It brought about an new interest in late 60s and early 70s action and spy films.  Though the action is not that impressive the characters and story still draw me in.  Mozambique is the second film in the set and looked like it had just as much fun as Code 7, Victim 5.   I want to once again thank Blue Underground for sending this over for myself an Horror Society to check out and review!
     The film follows a pilot who has been black listed after he wrecked an aircraft and was the only survivor.  He is asked to go to Mozambique for work where is tossed in the middle of a a drug ring where he is kidnapped, forced to fight off armed gunman, poisonous snacks, and beautiful women just to get a payday.  

     
     These action adventure films is a great distraction from some of the no budget horror flicks that are sent my way.  I love horror and I love indie horror but sometimes I need some mind numbing fun.  The Code 7, Victim 5 and Mozambique did their jobs.  The acting in this one is solid for the most part but no one stands out above the others.  In fact, the film could have cast anyone and it would have still flowed the way it did.  The story for this one is actually very interesting but it was roughly executed.  The editing just seemed off which made the storytelling suffer.  There was several times where I was a little confused as to what as going on.  A little tighter editing and a little better writing would have made this one so much better.  Finally, the film does have some acting but it was very lackluster for the most part but some scenes did make up for others.  Overall, Mozambique is another solid 60s action adventure flick that has a solid enough story and some action that was worth your time.  I recommend checking it out.  




No comments:

Post a Comment