Monday, January 9, 2017

Bella


Director - Alexander Kubelka
Starring - Tracy Adams (A Scent of Heather), Eric Edwards (Sex Academy), and Diana Sloan (Dracula Exotica)
Release Date - 1908
Genre - Erotic
Tagline - "The amorous world of Bella"
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     Sometimes I have to take a step away from the horror and check out something else.  I love horror and no one can say anything different but sometimes I do need a break.  After watching so many great horror flicks I decided to recharge my battery and check out something sleazy.  I went with the Peekarama double feature from Vinegar Syndrome.  The first film in the set, Robin's Nest, was a solid film that had an amazing cast and the right amount of sleaze.  The next film in the set, Bella, looked like it was going to be just a raunchy and just as fun.  Thanks Vin Syn for sending these my way!
     The film follows a young girl who spies on her mother and finds her sleeping with a neighbor.  She becomes infatuated with him and attempts to seduce him.  She fails and he blames her age as the reason.  She then attempts to convince him that she is, in fact, a woman.  Once she does so he teaches her about sex and she falls in love with him.  She wants him all to herself but over time she starts to see things his way and opens up to him and his sexual conquests.
    
     It's not often that I come across a sexploitation flick that leaves me surprised like Robin's Nest did.  I was extremely shocked by the acting in that film and deep down I knew that Bella would not be able to touch it.  I was wrong.  The cast in this one was just as good as the cast in Robin's Nest.  The cast shows total dedication to their characters and dedicated everything they have to the roles.  Some of the characters are more believable than the others but that is typical for any movie.  The story for this one is really not that entertaining or alluring.  The whole mother/daughter, father/son, step-mother/daughter and so on engaging in sexual relations and so on is extremely awkward to me.  I guess I'm wired wrong but anything sexual while relatives (fictional or not) are in the same room is awkward to me.  With that being said, the story is actually well written and flows very well.  Some of the dryer scenes is broken up with sex scenes so it's not all that bad.  Finally, if you are looking for blood and gore then, once again, you are barking up the wrong tree.  The film is meant to be sexy and provocative and not cover the viewer in gore.  Overall, Bella is a strange sexploitation film that follows sex exploration and the attraction between younger generations and their older and wiser counterparts.  Check it out.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment