Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Trashology


Director - Brian Dorton (The Horror Network Volume 1)
Starring - Gerica Horn (Tales of Poe), Douglas Conner (Preexisting Conditions), and Brian Dorton
Release Date - 2012
Genre - Comedy/Horror
Tagline - "The bowels of cinema just got an enema"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     I've been on a sleazy kick the last few days.  I ventured to my friends over at Vinegar Syndrome and check out one of their Peekarama double features with Robins Nest and Bella.  Well, I wanted more sleaze before I went back to horror so I ventured over to my movies and dug through my blurays when I came across the Slasher//Video and Olive Films release Trashology.  This was sent to me sometime ago and I completely forgot that I received it which sucks because this was one of the Slasher//Video releases that I really wanted to check out.  I want to apologize to Olive Films and Slasher//Video for forgetting to add that the film to my review rotation.
     The film follows an nontraditional college student who is taking a film class and is sleeping with the professor to secure a passing grade.  However, his wife is catching on and she dumps her.  When she is leaving from the college she stumbles across another student and knocks a book titled Trashology out of his hands.  She looks through the book and becomes interested in it.  She borrows the book and reads through the tales.  The first story follows two older women who have a falling out with another woman and end up shooting her.  They hide her body in a vat of oatmeal (because you always make more than enough) but the next day she shows up as if nothing had happened.  She then starts to act sporadic and begins doing things completely out of character.  The second tale follows a young woman who was left at the alter and meets two young men on her way home.  They start playing around erotically in their bedroom and she accidentally kills one of them.  The two hide the body but she is caught and then blackmailed into killing the girlfriend of the young girl that caught her.  The third tale follows a pair of female killers who set their sites on sexual predators and start killing sex offenders who are registered on the sex offender app.  These three tales inspire the college student to get revenge on her professor and bake him a very special pie.

     When I was growing up I was a regular at the video store.  I didn't always visit the horror section but I was always browsing the movies none-the-less.  During one of my many trips to the store I came across several John Waters films.  I loved them.  When I took them back I immediately rented them again and the owner recommended To Wong Foo.  I fucking loved it.  To this day it is still one of my favorite movies.  When I first came across the page for Trashology on Facebook a few years back I knew I would love it.  Trashy and sleazy movies are my bread and butter.  Sadly, they never did reply to my Facebook message but seeing it on blu was well worth the wait.  The acting in this one is strong but some inexperience does show.  The cast is having fun with their roles and each and every scene shows it.  They have fun but, big but, you can see how inexperienced they are.  The stories for these are simple, fun, and perfectly represent what it means to be trash cinema.  They are raunchy, vulgar, and extremely offensive.  I love that.  With that being said, some of the segments do move painfully slow before picking up momentum.  Some of the fat could have been trimmed.  I also really enjoyed the colorful characters the film gave us.  These characters are fun and larger than life.  Finally, the film does have some blood but nothing that memorable.  Gorehounds will not be satisfied with this but those of you looking for anal rape, Christians rubbing their breasts, shitting on baked beans, and so on will enjoy yourselves with this one.  Overall, Trashology is a damn good time.  This is the type of movie you get when you let John Waters influence a dick and fart joke.  This one is a must.




No comments:

Post a Comment