Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Sin


Director - Nico B (Pig)
Starring - Angelita Franco, Caroline Pierce, and Dahlia Dark
Release Date - 2005, 2008
Genre - Drama/Erotic
Format - BluRay

Rating (out of 5):

     Cult Epics has made a name for themselves over the years with there impressive catalogue.  If it wasn't for them then I would have never seen such classics as Nekromantik, Nekromantik 2, Der Todes King, Schramm, and Angst.  I've been reviewing their releases now for a couple years and spoke several times with the owner, Nico B.  with all my interactions with him I never knew that he was, in fact, a filmmaker himself.  Not long ago I received the blu release of the short anthology film Sin.  A few days later he sent out an email and apologized.  The film was accidentally sent my way and did not meet the horror content I'm known for covering.  I guess he doesn't know my love for sexploitation and sleaze.  Thanks Nico for accidentally sending this one my way!
     The film follows three shorts filmed in the style of silent cinema.  Each short is set in a different historical period and features the characters going through various sin...mostly fucking.






     I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I knew the film wasn't horror but I had no idea if it was the sleaze I typically get from Vinegar Syndrome or something completely different.  Sin was a unique experience.  I'm not saying it's a bad film, because its not, but it wasn't for me.  The acting in this one is decent.  The cast has unusual roles and their approach to the style of film determined how well their performances would work out.  They did a great job and was able to hold the viewer's attention.  I really enjoyed that.  Some had a more demanding role and it was these performances that truly shocked me.  The story for this one is clever in it's own way but just doesn't have enough substance to convince me.  It was a very clever idea that could have amounted to something very unique but the finished product did not do it for me.  Finally, this is one with no blood or gore.  However, if you want a very graphic scene involving a cross and a vagina then I suggest check it out.  Overall, Sin was a very strange and unique film that had an interesting concept but was unable to capitalize on it.  It deserves one watch but has no replay value.




No comments:

Post a Comment