Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Blood of the Tribades


Director(s) - Sophia Cacciola (Magnetic, Weekend Vampire) and Michael J. Epstein (Bring Us Your Women, Magnetic)
Starring - Chloe Cunha (Joy De V, Grindsploitation 2: The Lost Reels), Mary Widow (Quiet Desperation, Grindsploitation 2: The Lost Reels), and Seth Chatfield (Girlfriend, Unwound)
Release Date - 2016
Genre - Horror
Tagline - "The blood is the life"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
       I've visited the seedy side of independent filmmaking recently with the Violent Shit box set sent my way from my friends over at Synapse Films.  The Violent Shit films are no budget indie flicks from Germany that show no experience and no story but are full of good gory kills.  The film doesn't try to give the viewer memorable characters or story but sets out to shower them in blood and gore.  It succeeds but after spending a week watching these films I wanted something a little different.  I set my sights on the vampire film Blood of the Tribades.  The film looked like it was well put together which what I was really looking forward to.  The film was sent my way to review and I want to take a moment to thank them for sending it my way!
     The film is set in a world where the women and the men are separated by ideology.  The men worship the great vampire Bathor differently and when they are hit with a mysterious ailment they believe it is the female vampires that did this to them.  They set out to destroy the women and even have help with a female trader but when Bathor finally appears her true intentions are revealed.
     Blood of the Tribades is not the film I typically enjoy.  I love movies with over the top characters, buckets of blood and gore, and plenty of laughs.  With that being said, Blood of the Tribades was very entertaining.  It was different which was what I was looking for in a film.  The acting in this one is fantastic.  Every cast member is on the same page and delivers some great fucking performances.  After just a few scenes I found myself getting pulled into the film just from the cast alone...and the women.  This is one of the sexiest films I have seen in a long time.  The story for this one is a bit of a slow burner but is very story focused and character driven.  A majority of the scenes are slow with little to know action but the film uses the human body and character interactions to hold your attention in a similar fashion to True Blood.  Finally, the film does have some blood but the effects are very minimal and the blood does not flow as freely as one would think when watching a vampire film.  The effects we do get at solid but they very minor.  Overall, Blood of the Tribades was a great watch.  If you are looking for a horror film with story and atmosphere then this one is for you.  Check it out.  




No comments:

Post a Comment