Saturday, February 29, 2020

Nun's Diary: Confession


Director - Koyu Ohara (Rope Hell, Fairy in a Cage)
Starring - Yuki Nohira (Sins of Sister Lucia, The Detective Story), Miyajo Yamaguchi (Doctor X, Torso), and Yuko Akane (Happening, Mittsu)
Release Date - 1978
Genre - Crime/Drama
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     The last few days I spent a good amount of time watching a few Vinegar Syndrome releases that I had been sitting on for a few days.  I avoided the sleazy stuff and tossed in a few of their other releases.  After enjoying myself with Hell Comes to Frogtown, Blood Harvest, Tammy and the T-Rex, and Pledge Night I decided to finally spin some sleaze.  This time I went with some Impulse Pictures releases instead of Vin Syn.  I had two films I wanted to check out from them and both were part of the Nikkatsu Erotic Films Collection.  The first film on the chopping block is 1978's Nun's Diary: Confession which was originally released under the title Wet & Rope. I want to thank Impulse for sending this one my way.
      The film follows a young woman who is raped in front of her husband.  He now sees her differently and when life doesn't look like it can sink any lower she finds herself joining a monastery in order to save her own life.  However, what she doesn't expect is to become the center of the nun's sexual attention once she joins.



     Most of the time I can find some fun in sleazy sexploitation flicks but every once in awhile I come across one that just doesn't satisfy.  It misses its mark and this can be chalked up to several different reasons.  Regardless, Nun's Diary: Confession was not for me.  The acting in this one is what you would come to expect from the Nikkatsu Erotic Films Collection.  The cast really try to deliver a solid performance but the best acting comes from the sex scenes.  I know someone will read this and have a good laugh but the only real believable scenes are the sex scenes.  The cast just seems more natural in that environment than traditional acting.  The story for this one should not have been stretched to feature length.  A rape victim being sexually taunted in a monastery work for a sexploitation flick but does not offer up enough substance to hit the hour running time.  Honestly, I found myself bored within just a matter of minutes.  The characters are not enjoyable and the sex scenes, though believable, were still rather boring.  Finally, if those of you are looking for some blood you will be very disappointed with this one.  However, if nuns exploring their sexuality is something you are interested in you may have fun with this one.  Overall, Nun's Diary: Confession is a missed opportunity that feels rushed.  It seems like they possibly had a hit on their hand with a previous sexploitation flick and rushed this one into production to catch some more cash.  It was underwhelming and boring.  Skip it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment