Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Game of Thrones: Season Seven




Creator(s) - David Benioff (Troy, Stay) and D.B. Weiss (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia)
Starring - Hannah Murray (Charlie Says, Dark Shadows), Carice van Houten (Black Death, Repo Men), and Kristofer Hivju (The Witcher, The Thing)
Release Date - 2007
Genre - Fantasy/Action
Tagline - "The end begins"
Format - 4K Ultra HD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     Here we are.  When I started watching this series and talking about it among friends I was told that if I loved the northern story and the white walker angle then I would absolutely love season seven.  I was looking forward to this season after others told me about it but I was weary after watching the last season.  As I stated in my review for the previous season, it wasn't a bad season but it was a downward spiral from the three season's before it.  
     This seasons follows the Mother of Dragons as she makes her way to Dragonstone with her army and begins negotiations with Jon Snow who is now king of the north.  She wants him to bend the knee but he refuses at first in hopes of convincing her to put her quest for the 7 Kingdoms aside to focus on the army of the dead in the north.  Over time she agrees and the two set out to convince Cersi to alliance with them until the army of the dead is defeated. Cersi agrees but she has another play to make behind their backs.
     This season did have the political side that I don't really care for but it did dive deeper into the northern story with much more revealed and several surprises along the way.  Honestly, I think this is my favorite season yet and I can't wait to dive into the final season.  The acting in this one is consistent with the previous seasons.  The cast is absolutely amazing and the viewer is given so many memorable characters.  It seems like each episode has me changing my mind up over who is my favorite character.  The story for this one is still very loyal to the GoT universe while diving so much deeper into the white walker lore.  We get some much needed action with the army of the dead and their ever expanding story draws me in.  With that being said, the political drama is still there but it's not as dominate as the previous season.  We also get some more character story development as well that brings some great revelations to the viewer.  Finally, the film is full of carnage and action.  The battle with the dead was fantastic.  This season is not as bloody as previous seasons but we do get some great visual effects that put past seasons to shame.  Overall, Season seven is my favorite season so far and well worth the wait.  I hope season eight can hit this hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment