Wednesday, August 26, 2020

The Lady Kills

THE LADY KILLS - coming soon to Blu-ray from Mondo Macabro on Vimeo.

Director - Jean-Louis van Belle (Made in Sex, Forbidden Paris)
Starring - Carole Lebel (The Golden Claws of the Cat Girl, The Hand), Claude Beautheac (One Two Two, The Bear and the Doll), and Paul Descombes (Fernand, Hamlet)
Release Date - 1971
Genre - Thriller
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     I've been working hard on horror reviews over the last few weeks.  I recently wrapped up reviews for two indie slashers from Tennessee and decided to review the newest blu release from Mondo Macabro for Shin'ya Tsukamoto's Gemini.  When I was done I wanted something a little more sleazy than horror.  Lucky for me I had also received The Lady Kills from Mondo Macabro as well for review.  This was not going to be the typical sexploitation flick that I'm accustomed to but I didn't mind.  Thanks Mondo for sending this one over!
     The film follows the beautiful Françoise Frémont who travels around Europe expressing her sexuality with random Johns.  However, sex with strangers is not the only thing she is good at.  She has murder on her mind and several men meet their demise as her sexually charged hands.



     I knew The Lady Killer was not going to be the normal sexploitation flick that I usually review for companies like Vinegar Syndrome.  I knew it was going to be sleazy to an extent but I, honestly, had no idea that it was going to be like it actually was.  The acting in this one is extremely cheesy but what would you expect from an early 70s film that has so much nudity?  The characters work for the film but the characters don't really stand out from other films like it.  The story for this one is a little uneven and is a bit too long but it's fun.  The thriller aspect of the film is not as thrilling as I would have liked but the nudity portion is very entertaining.  Finally, there is a little blood but if you are looking for tons of gore you will be very disappointed.  However, if beautiful women and men writhing is pain is more your speed then you will enjoy this.  Overall, The Lady Kills is a fun late night watch.  The story is not that compelling and the acting is far from perfect but it's still a fun watch for what it is.  The image quality on this blu from Mondo Macabro is gorgeous.  I highly suggest checking this one out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment