Saturday, February 27, 2021

Amazing Stories: Season Two




Creator(s) - Steven Spielberg (Jurassic Park, Jaws), Joshua Brand (A Year in the Life, The Americans), and John Falsey (Northern Exposure, I'll Fly Away)
Starring - Patrick Swayze (Road House, Dirty Dancing), Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future, Who Framed Roger Rabbit), and David Carradine (Death Race 2000, Kill Bill)
Release Date - 1986
Genre - Fantasy/Crime/Drama
Tagline - "As one experience ends another adventure begins"
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     A couple weeks ago I started watching season one of Amazing Stories that was sent to me to review from Umbrella Entertainment.  I really enjoyed myself with it but I wasn't able to binge the second season immediately after due to to my work schedule.  I didn't want to start it and have to stop it between episodes so I waited a few days to toss it in until I had a few days off together.  I recently found those days off and jumped on season two.  I seriously want to thank Umbrella for sending me this set because I really enjoyed myself with it.
     This season, much like the first, follows amazing stories following broad way murders, getting back at mean spirited teachers with magic, and rings that possess the wearer just to name a few.
     Season two is similar to the first season.  We have some seriously entertaining stories that is fitting of the Amazing Stories title but some of the other not as spectacular.  The yare still great episodes but not as memorable as others.  The acting in this one is absolutely amazing.  We have amazing performances from some of the most iconic actors of the 80s.  I was shocked to see Patrick Swayze, Danny DeVito, Chrisopher Lloyd, and David Carridine in this.  They deliver unforgettable performances and the supporting cast is just as memorable.  Amazing acting all around in this season.  The stories in this one range from amazing to not so much.  They are very inconsistent but not disappointing.  I really enjoyed the episodes so don't take it the wrong way but some are so amazing that you are thinking about them days later while others were forgotten as soon as the episode ended.  Finally, this one has a few visual effects that are really out dated by this point and a little blood but nothing memorable.  If you are looking for blood and gore you will be very disappointed and barking up the wrong tree.  Overall, Season Two is just a fun as the first season.  I highly suggest making time to binge both seasons on DVD from Umbrella Entertainment.  It was a great experience to finally watch the entire show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment