Monday, February 1, 2021

Vice Academy Part 2




Director - Rick Sloane (Vice Academy, Blood Theatre)
Starring - Ginger Lynn (The Devil's Rejects, Satan's Storybook), Linnea Quigley (Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Demons), and Jayne Hamil (Shooters, Marked for Murder)
Release Date - 1990
Genre - Comedy/Crime
Tagline - "Twice the comedy, twice the vice"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):

     I was expecting a lot when I snagged up the Vinegar Syndrome VSA release of Vice Academy 1-3.  I wanted the release for my collection but the fact that the set consisted of three films I had never heard of before lead me to believe that these were pretty bland and forgettable films.  I was wrong.  The first film was not original but it was very entertaining.  I couldn't wait to dig into the second to see if it continued down the same path as the first film.  
     The film follows Holly (Lynn) and Didi (Quigley) who has graduated vice academy and is now rookies on the force.  A woman has created a drug that sends the person into sexual overload before dying.  She plans on poisoning everyone in the city.  In order to stop her the two rookies go undercover as strippers.
     I went into this one really expecting the movie to be less entertaining as the first but I found myself really enjoying this one a little more.  It's far from perfect but this one was a little more funnier, sleazier, and has a little more depth than the first film.  I really liked it and could see myself spinning this one again in the near future.  The acting in this one is more of what we saw in the first film except the characters has a little more personality.  Quigley and Lynn was rather underwhelming in the previous film with Lynn taking the backseat for most of the film.  However, the two share the screen and their friction and personalities on screen were great.  I really enjoyed them much more this time around.  The supporting cast seemed to get a little pep in their step as well.  The secondary and supporting characters hold the film as well.  The story for this one is very similar to the first film but we get a little more build up and character development with the film's villain.  This makes the film that is using the same formula as the first feel like it's a little different.  It doesn't really deliver anything new but seeing the characters get extra attention makes it far more entertaining.  Finally, this is not a bloody horror flick that most of you are accustomed to me reviewing.  However, if beautiful women and nudity is more your speed then you will really enjoy this one.  Overall, Vice Academy Part 2 is a little better film than the first.  It's funnier and sleazier.  The blu looks great as well from Vin Syn.  I highly recommend checking it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment