Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Death Toilet Part III: Call of Doody



Director - Evan Jacobs (Death Toilet, Death Toilet Number 2)
Starring - Isaac Golub (Ultimate Target, Black Friday), Mike Hartsfield (Safety in Numbers, Death Toilet), and Evan Jacobs)
Release Date - 2020
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Tagline - "Will you survive the plunge?"
Format - DVD (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):

     I love when a filmmaker has fun with an idea to unleash a movie that completely catches us off guard.  Several years back I saw some horror friends sharing pictures of their Death Toilet DVD.  I didn't realize I needed that movie in my life until I saw these pictures.  I ran as fast as I could to SRS Cinema's webstore and ordered a copy.  I did the same a year later when I saw a sequel was out.  The first film was so much fun but the sequel was just more of the same.  I was on the fence when I saw that director Evan Jacobs had released a third film.  After a few days of thinking about it I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a copy.  I'm glad I did because this sequel was a return to the fun the first film delivered.  
     It has been some time since Brett Baxter has defeated the possessed toilets and lost his brother.  Now, he spends his time working on his truck while waiting for the evil shitters to return..which they do in more comedic fashion along with his deceased brother Father Dingleberry.  
     The first Death Toilet is full of cheap effects and immature humor which is exactly the kind of movies that I love.  I really enjoyed this one and recommended it to several horror fans since my original viewing.  Sadly, the sequel was the same film as the first which resulted is a bit of a boring watch.  It's because of this that made me skeptical of buying this one.  I'm glad I did, however, because this one was an absolute blast.  I loved it and can't wait for the fourth installment.  The acting in this one intentionally bad and I fucking love it.  The characters are all over the top and dramatic which brings in some of the film's humor.  The cast really has fun with their roles and it shows.  The story for this one is more of what was given to us in the first two films but we do get some sort of progression.  The film has some new jokes, plenty of puns, and the story takes us further than previously done.  With that being said, the film does slow down to a crawl at times which makes the movie feel a lot longer than it actually is.  Finally, the film has some blood with some no-budget effects and plenty of cheap visual effects but lets be honest, you don't toss in a movie called Death Toilet to see amazing gore.  Overall, Death Toilet III is fun and one I would highly recommend checking out with some friends and plenty of booze.  It's funny and cheap which is how I like my women.  Check it out, you will not be disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment