Monday, February 1, 2021

Vice Academy Part 3




Director - Rick Sloane (The Visitors, Blood Theatre)
Starring - Ginger Lynn (Dr. Alien, Young Guns II), Elizabeth Kaitan (Necromancer, Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood), Julia Parton (Sexual Confessions, Vice Academy 4)
Release Date - 1991
Genre - Crime/Comedy
Tagline - "This is a bust!"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):



     As I migrated my way through the Vinegar Syndrome VSA release of Vice Academy 1 - 3 I assumed that the first film would be fun while the second film would be watchable and the third would be the worst film in the bunch.  I was wrong.  The first film was great and the follow up was just as fun, if not better, than the original.  I was still expecting the third to be a shit show but I was surprised by how much fun it was.  All three were great and very consistent.  
     The film follows Holly (Lynn) and Didi's cousin Candy (Kaitan) who are on the vice squad when a group of female prisoners known as the Bad Apples escape from prison.  They go on a robery spree which has stretched the vice squad thin.  It's up to them two to stop them before they pull off anymore heists.  
     I really was expecting this one to be the worst in the series but these three are very consistent and fun.  The films all follow similar stories but they still entertain almost like a late 70s or early 80s television show.  They always follow the same formula but the characters are why you watch them.  The acting in this one is the same as the other films.  Lynn has a much bigger role in this one than previous films.  Her character is still the by the book and brown nosing but it's not as a turn off as the previous films.  It's toned down a lot and way more enjoyable.  Linnea Quigley is replaced in this one with Elizabeth Kaitan who I really enjoy watching.  She is a very underrated actress and has been in some seriously fun films.  Genre fans should really enjoy seeing her in this one.  The supporting cast is just as fun as the previous film.  The story for this one is exactly as the previous film.  It has some funny moments that I wasn't expecting but the story is almost identical to part 2.  It's fun but I can see some cult movie fans becoming bored by this point.  I wasn't expecting a life changing experience so I can appreciate what this one delivers.  Finally, no blood yet again but if you want to see Elizabeth Kaitan topless then you are in luck!  Overall, Vice Academy Part 3 is a fun yet predictable experience.  I really enjoyed it and Vin Syn did an amazing job with this release.  If you come across a copy I highly suggest you snag it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment