Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Game of Thrones: Season Two




Creator(s) - David Benioff (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Troy) and D.B. Weiss (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia)
Starring - Peter Dinklage (Avengers: Infinity War, X-Men: Days of Future Past), Kit Harington (Silent Hill: Revelation, Seventh Son), and Jack Gleeson (Batman Begins, Reign in Fire)
Release Date - 2012
Genre - Fantasy/Action
Tagline - "The clash of kings has begun"
Format - 4K Ultra HD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     Games of Thrones is one of the biggest television shows of recent years only coming in second to The Walking Dead.  Fans were rabid when episodes would release which did intrigue me.  With so many people proclaiming their love for the show it was only as matter of time before I dug into it.  After watching season one I needed to push further into the series.  The first season was alright but it wasn't good enough to make me obsess over it.  Maybe season two would pick up?
     The season begins with the 7 kingdoms fighting over the crown with several "heirs" questioning King Joffrey (Gleeson) place on the throne.  This leads to several alliances and treacherous agreements before King's Landing becomes sieged by another claiming kingship.
      Horror is and always will be the love of my life.  I grew up with it and it's been just as much apart of my life as breathing, eating, and shitting.  Shows like Supernatural, The X-Files, and Tales From the Crypt always held my attention.  However, Game of Thrones is entertaining but I can't help and find myself tuning out from some of the more dialogue heavy scenes where we hear the cast explain the scenes we just previously watched.  I get that there is a lot of things going on but we don't need a show hold our hands as a viewer.  Season two did not do that as much as season one but I was bored a bit regardless.  The acting in this season is just as iconic as the first season.  The characters are absolutely amazing and the cast delivers some of the best performances of their careers.  These characters are iconic and even though I feel the series is out to a slow start these characters and performances are something that will last with me a lifetime.  The story for season two is still a very politically charged dramas but we do get more action and more story than just diplomacy and treason.  This season picks up beautifully where the first season left off.  It's a bit faster paced and more interesting that the first season as well.  Finally, we once against get some moments of blood and some light gore but nothing horror fans haven't seen before.  The fight scenes are beautifully shot and well choreographed with the blood being the icing on the cake.  Overall, Season two is a slightly better season than the first season but if I wasn't sent the entire series to review I doubt I would continue on my own.  It's fun just not for me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment