Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Inheritance


Director - Eric Palmer (Arm Wrestling Roulette)
Starring - Andi-Jo Vargo, Nikki Aloise, and Nikki Claus
Release Date - 2021
Genre - Horror
Tagline - "Some gifts you can not give back"
Format - Streaming (Online Screener) (YouTube)

Rating (out of 5):


     A few weeks back I was contacted by my friend Brad Twigg at Fuzzy Monkey Films to check out another filmmaker's film.  The director, Eric Palmer, was looking for people to review his new film Inheritance so Brad reached out to me because I had reviewed all of his films up to this point.  I wasn't able to check it out when it was sent to me but on Halloween while I was doing my annual horror binge I decided that Inheritance was the perfect film to toss into the rotation.  I want to thank Brad for reaching out to me and I also want to thank Eric for allowing me the opportunity to review your film.
     The film follows a woman who recently lost her father but inherited a house of his deep in the woods.  After much consideration she decides to take some friends to it to check out, clean it up, and possibly party.  However, her greedy uncle has his eyes on the property and a much more sinister plan for his niece.
     Inheritance started out on the wrong foot but somewhere along the way it found it's footing and delivered a fun no budget indie horror flick.  The acting in this one took some time for me to get used to.  The cast is fully dedicated to their roles but a majority, if not all, had no on screen experience.  The characters are not that well written and most are painfully cliched but the cast really does give it their all and after some time their performances really does grow on you.  The story for this one does move at a snails pace but it delivers especially in the later scenes.  I love when a movie incorporates the occult in some aspect to the story and I like how this one went about it.  It has a slasher feel along with the occult which put me in mind of Hack-o-Lantern.  I like how the middle and the ending pulled together but the first half of the film was a bit of a drag to stick with it.  Finally, the film has several deaths but if you are looking for a high body count and memorable gore then you will be disappointed.  The kills has some blood but not what we are looking for to.  Overall, Inheritance is one that many of you will struggle with initially but if you stick with it you will find yourself enjoying it.  Its rough around the edges but it's still fun.  Check it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment