Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Spookie Dookie


Director - Brian Papandrea (Feaster Sunday, The Big F)
Starring - Megan Beck (Her Name Was Christa, Beyond the Valley of Belief Volume 2), Patrick L. Dear (Chubbies, Fangboner), and Sadie Tate (Space Babes from Outer Space, Amityville Vibrator)
Release Date - 2022
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Format - Streaming (Online Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     Rock Bottom Video and director Brian Papandrea has given genre fans hours of entertainment with his films Feaster Sunday, The Big F, Beyond the Valley of Belief Volume 1 and 2 along with the other films Brian has appeared in like Space Babes from Outer Space, Gay for Pray: The Erotic Adventures of Jesus Christ, Thrust, and The Bad Man just to name a few.  I'm a big fan of Brian's and always look forward to anything he is attached to.   When he announced Spookie Dookie, which was when he revealed the artwork and trailer, I was very excited to check it out.  A few days after this  I was messaged by the film's producer, Zach Schildwachter, who was kind enough to send over a link to check it out.  As soon as I could I quickly hit play. I want to thank Brian and Zach for hooking me up with a link to the film.  
     The film follows the lonely and talkative Gatekeeper (Papandrea) who wants nothing more than to spin some tales that will send chills down your spine.  When an unfortunate passerby wonders too close to his crypt he is subject to his stories...and ejaculation.
     Spookie Dookie is exactly what you would expect from Rock Bottom Video and director and actor Brian Papandra.  It has that sense of humor that fans enjoy along with the gross out effects that makes so many of their films unforgettable.  Honestly, I really enjoyed it and I can see this one becoming a staple in many genre fans' annual Halloween watch list.  The acting in this one is a lot of fun.  I loved the characters everyone brings to life.  You can tell the cast had a lot of fun working on this one and it shows in every scene.  Papandrea, his lovely wife Sadie Tate, Terence Cover, and Megan Schildwachter were all enjoyable.  I know I'm leaving out some names but the imdb page is not updated and I don't have access to the film while I type this so I do apologize if I did forget anyone.  Regardless if I mentioned their name or not, I liked the casting and the humor they are brought to the film.  The stories for this one is pretty funny.  It has a lot going on like slap stick, vintage commercials and infomercials, Dracula with stds, Coffee Joe, and a good bit of laughs.  I laughed a good bit at this one.  Probably more than any other Rock Bottom release.  However, I don't think this is one that I will be able to revisit as often as the others.  Once a year while Halloween is approaching will be enough.  Finally, the film has some blood, fake dicks, cumshots, and that's about the extent of the effects.  The film is obviously a no budget production and Rock Bottom used humor to make up for the lack of funds and effects.  Overall, Spookie Dookie is fucking stupid and I mean that.  It's so dumb but that is what makes it so brilliant.  It has a lot of laughs and it's one I hope I get to revisit with a group of friends and some beer.  I highly recommend checking this one out especially if you are looking for something different this October.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment