Thursday, December 20, 2012

Blood Brothers



Director - Steve Goltz (Popularity Killer)
Starring - Matty Dorschner (Popularity Killer), Mike Goltz (Teddy), and Hannah Herdt (Popularity Killer)
Release Date - 2012
Genre - Horror
Tagline - "Terror runs in the family"
Format - Streaming (Youtube)

Rating (out of 5):

     A few months ago I was browsing my newsfeed on Facebook and saw a link someone had posted for a page called Slasher Studios.  I assumed this was a fan appreciation page for slasher films.  I "liked" the page and found out that it was actually a production company that had released a few horror shorts.  I debated for a few months on if I wanted to fork out the cash to buy their films or not.  The DVD's are rather cheap but I am cheaper and would rather spend my money on movies I have actually heard about.  As I was debating this,  they posted a link to their Youtube account where they were showing their films for a short period of time.  I was able to give this a watch and save some money.
     Michael and Lindsey are living the American Dream.  However, Michael's brother Chris is not.  Chris is a junkie and will do whatever it takes to get his next fix.  Chris and his girlfriend kidnap Michael and Lindsey in order to get some quick cash.  Their plan does not work out that well because Chris is an idiot and accidentally shoots Lindsey in the neck while Michael is tied to a chair.  After seeing his wife die, Michael breaks the rope and attacks Chris.  Michael is able to get the upper hand and take the gun away from him.  Because he lost Lindsey, he shoots Chris' girlfriend before turning the gun on his brother.  Unfortunate for him, the gun jams and Chris grabs a knife and stabs him in the chest.  Before collapsing, Michael shoots Chris in the head and they both fall to the floor.
     This movie was not what I was expecting at all.  From a studio called Slasher Studios and the film being titled Blood Brothers, I assumed it was a flick about siblings stabbing people.  I was way off.  This short runs around 8 minutes and the first 5 drag on forever.  The film does make up for the slow 5 minutes by piling all the action in the ending.  The acting is actually pretty decent and so is the special effects.  The headshots are some of the best I've seen, even when compared to a Hollywood blockbuster.  The dialogue was not the best I had heard and for the most part it was very cliched.  The company behind this film did a great job by making the film a short, otherwise it would have been an extremely boring movie if it was any longer.  Overall, this is a short film that does not fail to deliver.  Slasher Studios is making a name for themselves and if their other films are on the same level as this one then soon they will be a staple of the horror movie community.         
 




No comments:

Post a Comment