Saturday, February 15, 2014

Indie Director


Director - Bill Zebub (Jesus, the Total Douchebag)
Starring - Bill Zebub (Jesus, the Daughter of God), Angelina Leigh (The Great American Serial Killer), and Clover St. Claire (Celebrity Ghost Stories)
Release Date -  2013
Genre - Comedy
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     When one thinks of indie films a multitude of directors come to mind along with a plethora of films.  However, those that are dedicated to indie horror will instantly think of the blaspheming metal head Bill Zebub.  Zebub has made a name for himself in the genre and has been making indie flicks for well over a decade.  With that being said, I have not really followed his career.  I know of his films and respect the hell out of the man but for some unknown reason I have not watched his films other than the stop motion horror comedy Dolla Morte. Recently, a lot of my indie friends were telling me about Zebub's newest flick, Indie Director.  I was told the film was a comedy and many consider it to be Zebub's best work to date.  I looked around to see where I could order it and could not find it.  Luckily, the fine folks over at MVD was nice enough to send me a copy to review and for that I am very grateful.
     The film follows indie director Bill (Zebub you dumbass) as he goes through the trials and tribulations of being an independent filmmaker.
  Bill was making a moderate living when his films were distributed to various outlet chains until a store refused to carry his film due to it's profane content.  Bill then has to face many of the challenges indie directors face like acquiring funds, attending conventions, working with his cast and crew, and distribution companies.
     When it comes to indie flicks I obviously follow the horror genre.  Therefore, I do not have much experience with indie comedies but if any of them are as fucking off-the-wall and hilarious as this flick here then I may start watching more from the genre. This film has also sparked an interest for all things Zebub and I will start buying his films immediately.  The acting in this film is actually not that great.  Zebub showed a lot of charisma in front of the camera and shows a lot of heart for his role but he just did not show the skill needed to be a convincing actor.  It was also cool to see a cameo from indie director Mike O'Mahony (director of I.B.S. and Sloppy the Psychotic).  Now, I want to take a moment and commend Zebub on the rest of his casting.  Almost every girl in the film is smoking hot and he is able to get everyone of them nude.  Thank you Bill, thank you so fucking much!  The story for this film is very original, and though it is satirical, it is the most honest attempt at providing the world an inside look at indie film making.  Zebub is able to show all the hardships and headaches that so many filmmakers go through but he does so in a joking manner.  Finally, those looking for a laugh will find them by the bag full here.  The film is chopped full of raunchy humor that is genuinely funny.  There was times that I had to pause the movie because I was laughing so hard.  Overall, Zebub shows why he has made a name for himself in the indie game.  The film is raunchy as hell and entertaining.  I highly recommend checking this one out!



  



No comments:

Post a Comment