Sunday, December 21, 2014

Circus of the Dead



CIRCUS OF THE DEAD

directed by Billy Pon

Stars: Bill Oberst Jr., Parrish Randall, Chanel Ryan 

Format: Online Screener

"A man becomes entangled in a deadly morality game when the circus comes to town and a sadistic clown forces him to examine the things in life he takes for granted in the most horrific ways."

I went into this viewing knowing that it was gonna be an intense experience.  I knew there would be deviant clowns torturing and murdering.  I knew Marcus Koch and Oddtopsy were on the practical fx, so the gore would be supreme.  I had purposely not read any reviews on the movie.  I had avoided any discussion from those who have watched it at fests or other events.  Bloody Bill was kind enough to share an online screener with me.  Here are the results.

What a sick film that was!  Holy shit!  Sick in the true sense.  I don't mean slang like, "bro, that was so sick!"  I'm talking sick and fucking twisted.  Supreme clown horror brutality that is unrelenting.  This one is not shy and there are many scenes of perversion, depravity, torture, murder, graphic gore, humiliation and all around insanity.

There is a small setup/background to prepare the tale, but that's it.  Demented clowns go on the hunt and commit a  murder spree with a trail of victims.  It doesn't stop until the movie ends... and even then, its not over.  The gang is lead by the sadistic Papa Corn.  Bill Oberst Jr absolutely delivers the goods on this role and I don't know if there's anyone else who could have pulled this off the way he did.  You read statements like this a lot, and it might be easy to take it for granted.  I challenge you to watch this film and tell me otherwise.


Speaking of challenges, COTD could be way too sick for some casual horror folks.  It is right up there with several staples on the list of all-time most fucked up films.  I didn't know Billy Pon was gonna take it there.  He did, and when he got there, he set up a big ol' Texas BBQ and partied his ass off.  This a pack of homicidal circus entertainers that could make the Sawyer family blush. Leatherface would learn a few new tricks for his upholstering hobby.  There are a few places I could see average folks being uncomfortable.  As far me, I'm a demented fucker and I asbsofuckinglutely loved it.

Everything here is spot on - you name it, its well-executed. A wild and fucked-up ride awaits if you got the guts to buy a ticket!




5/5 Highly fucking recommended.  




No comments:

Post a Comment