Friday, December 19, 2014

Zombeavers (2014)



Zombeavers (2014)
directed by:  Jordan Rubin
starring:  Rachel Melvin, Cortney Palm, Lexi Atkins, Hutch Dano, Jake Weary, Peter Gilroy, Lex Rinn
format:  NTSC Region 1:  Personal Collection
tagline:  You'll All Be Dammed


(out of 5)
                         



     Exactly what I wanted!  Best four words to describe this movie.  Did I expect a great film of epic proportions...no.  Did I expect great Oscar winning performances by the actors...no.  I did expect to see some campy cheesiness at full force and that's what I got.  Lots of gore for the gorehounds, lots of boobies for the boner people, and lots of beaver jokes for everyone.   


 I think what I liked most about the movie was the effects themselves which like the acting ranged from pretty bad to mediocre but the effects were what I was looking for in the way that they used lots of cgi and lots of practical fx both.  Bad campy effects are great when done just the right way.  It's a person to person thing for sure but this one really showed some hard work was done to give the viewer especially the gorehounds like myself what they want to see.  Crazy whacked out zombie beavers running around basically having little seizures most of the time and looking at you with those glowing white eyes.  The beavers were awesome and there's a ton of them.  Something else great about this movie...tons of zombie beavers and we even get some zombie werebeaver things that reminded me of the film Black Sheep except for the fact that Black Sheep was campy yes but cinematically far above this movie.  Which is of no matter I wanted a bad movie with say better than Sharknado effects and lots of gore and that's what I got.
     I mean just look at this scene pictured with the girl on the kitchen table.  Clearly she could get away but just keeps screaming and spreading her legs while the camera goes in the for spread eagle bikini shot the whole time the the beaver is sliding up the table towards her.  I lost it.  More than a couple times in this movie I lost it, not just giggled or laughed a bit but full on cackle.  Will everyone find as much humor as I in it who knows all I know is the movie was very funny and in my opinion well scripted for the style of animal attack horror film that it was. 
     Now there is a scene where a dog gets thrown in the water by the asshole character of the movie and while this is fake some people frown on fake animal deaths/cruelty even though it's fake so if that's not your bag be warned on that one.  Me...it's fake that's all that really needs to be said.  Buuuuut it definitely makes you hate the guy even more than you already hate him in the movie so that part of it worked.
     I won't as usual go into much more but the story is pretty simple some gals get together for a girls weekend at a cabin and then even though they aren't really wanted their boyfriends show up and drama ensues along with an army of Zombeavers ready to eat them alive.  Very, very highly recommended for lovers of cheesy animal attack movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment