Saturday, October 8, 2016

Blue Ice


Director - Phillip Marshak (Dracula Sucks)
Starring - Herschel Savage (Corruption), Jacqueline Lorians (Black Widow), and Paul Thomas (Pervert)
Release Date - 1985
Genre - War/Drama
Tagline - "A sex adventure that'll melt the screen"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     The last three days has been full of Nazi surprises for me.  A few weeks back I was asked to review the short Wolves which centered around an Allied fighter pilot who was shot down in Axis controlled land where he had to fight for his life and the life of a little girl he found after crash landing.  After watching that well made period piece I moved on to a recent Vinegar Syndrome release.  Much like Wolves, I was under the impression it was a horror film.  The film, Blue Ice, had new bluray artwork that looked dark, brooding, and mysterious much like the artwork of the movies of the 70s.  I was surprised to find that this was an erotic drama centered around a detective searching for an ancient book while on the run from Nazis.  I want to thank Vin Syn for once again hooking me up with another film to review.
     The film begins with the Nazi party searching for an ancient book of untold power.  After hunting for centuries they are finally close to grabbing it only to be cut short by a detective hired by a wealthy man to find the same book.  Their paths intertwine and soon a supernatural element is exposed and threatens everyone's life.

    



Blue Ice just happened to be the third film I watched about Nazis in just as many days.  The film just happened to be the more entertaining of the three films as well.  Though it was shocking to discover it was not a horror film but an erotic drama it still delivered an entertaining film.  The acting in this one is pretty solid.  In fact, it is one of the better acted sexploitation flicks that I have seen the 5 or so years that I have been writing reviews.  Granted I focus mostly on horror but I have seen and reviewed several dozen sexploitation flicks.  The story for this one is a mash up of any detective noir film and any modern Naziploitation flick.  We have a detective tasked with finding something for a wealthy client, similar to Kill Me Again, Dixie Ray Hollywood Star and hundreds more, but sets itself apart from the others with the addition of Nazis and the supernatural element.  It was fun and definitely held my attention.  Finally, those of you looking for gore and blood will be disappointed.  However, if you are looking for a story driven sexual romp then this one is up your alley.  Overall, Blue Ice was not the horror film I was expecting. However, what I got was a pretty fun sexploitation full of sex, Nazis, and interesting characters.  This one needs to be in any exploitation fan's collection.  Check it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment