Sunday, October 9, 2016

Transylvania Television's The Real Meanin' of Halloween Special Show


Director - Michael J. Heagle (Go to Hell)
Starring - Charles Hubbell (Living Dead Girl), Amber Greenlee, and Michael J. Heagle
Release Date - 2010
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Format - Streaming (online screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     October is once again here so it's time to check out some Halloween themed flicks.  Over the years I have reviewed every Halloween oriented film I could find which has resulted in a small Halloween stack to review this year aside from the films that was sent my way to be reviewed.  In fact, I'm only left with very few movies aside from Halloweentown and anything sent my way.  Luckily, my friends over at Hillbilly Horror just announced that the web-series Transylvania Television will have their Halloween special airing on it's own Roku channel.  They were kind enough to send over a review link to check it out.  Thanks guys!
     The film follows the Transylvania Television team as they prepare for Halloween.  Count LeShoc is the owner  of the station and believes that his is cursed.  Every Halloween something strange happens to him so he leaves town trying to run away from his curse while the rest of his crew prepares for the show, a Halloween party, and to find the true meaning of Halloween.  While the Count is out of town he finds himself stranded in in the lost luggage area of an airport where he finds a mummy who enslaves him until they bang and she removes his curse for him.  His team is still hunting for the meaning of Halloween and their trip takes them deep into the castle where they meet an assortment of characters that help them on their journey.
     I've said this before and I'll say it again - we need more puppet movies.  I don't give a rats ass if it's horror.  Sure, I would prefer it to be horror but I'll take them anyway I can.  Every Thanksgiving I check out the near perfect horror comedy Thankskilling and throughout the year I try to work in as many puppet movies as I can.  Sadly, these films are few and far in between.  The viewing list usually included Puppet Monster Massacre, Misfits Heights, and Easter Casket.  There is a few more out there that I haven't discovered yet but this list needs to grow and quickly.  The voice acting in this one is fun.  The characters have all unique voices and personalities.  The cast behind the felt and fur did a great job bringing their characters to life only using their voices.  The story for this one is fun as well.  It brings together a lot of different Halloween and monster folklore, as well as, different iconic movie monsters to make something truly unique.  It reminded me a lot of the Halloween Special Night Dracula Saved the World and the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen film Double, Double Toil and Trouble only with puppets.  I really enjoyed it and will see myself revisiting this one every year.  Finally, the film has no blood and gore but does have some great looking puppets and visual effects.  The film uses story and character development to pull the viewer in, not with blood and gore.  Overall, Transylvania Television's The Real Meanin' of Halloween Special Show is one of those films that leaves a lasting impact and will become a holiday staple in the same way as John Carpenter's Halloween and Trick r' Treat.  Check it out and thank me later!




No comments:

Post a Comment